PDA

View Full Version : PFS #3-05 Tide of Twilight (CORE), Tuesday 3 May, 6pm GMT

cmdisc
April 27th, 2016, 07:06
Continuing with the Season 3 theme of the upcoming Ruby Phoenix Tournament, the Pathfinder Society is calling agents to assist in recovering a rare and powerful artifact for their Tournament Representatives.

THIS IS A CORE GAME!!! So CORE characters only. I am willing to run this twice (once for each subtier) if we have enough interest and level spread. So sign up and we'll sort out the tables.

Calendar is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1960

Please post on this discussion thread as well as on the calendar. I know some people tend to sign up on the calendar, but then never post anything or ever show up. I give priority to those that list their interest here.

Lastly, just as a reminder, there are 5 more Pre-Tournament scenarios that I'm tracking (including this one). If you have a means to play CORE games outside of this, great. If not, but you would like to continue here, your target is 7XP minimum. That will allow you to continue through all of the Post-Tournament scenario content that is currently planned. So make sure you have 1 or 2 of your favorite builds at 7 and then you'll be good to go. :)

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2016, 07:41
I am good for Tuesday, I'm not sure if I can do Sunday or not at the moment.

Farnaby
April 27th, 2016, 08:04
Yeah, Neeha's in for Sunday.

Chronicle (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi37alIzB4rU3NvZWJUckIxUFlTQm15WkNwX193a ndsMGcw)

cmdisc
April 27th, 2016, 10:10
With BF good for Tues and Farnaby for Sunday, it might look to be the 4-5 tier on Tuesday followed by the 1-2 that weekend. So hopefully people are free to sign up accordingly.

IrishBouzouki
April 27th, 2016, 11:25
Madog (CORE Human Ranger) is 2nd level now, 1 xp away from 3rd.
I'm up for any posted time slot, but since I'd have to take time off for the Tuesday/Friday slot I'd prefer Sunday. As 2nd level the plan you mentioned would work well for me that way.
(chronicle pending HG's post-Con recovery)

bigboom
April 27th, 2016, 12:44
Unfortunately, I can't do those day/times. Perhaps next time!

d1wright
April 27th, 2016, 13:04
I think two sessions with one high and one low sounds good. I can play for no credit Sunday if halfling explorers are needed.

I plan on bringing Lucia, 4th level fighter for the Tuesday event.

cmdisc
April 27th, 2016, 13:20
Originally I was offering next Tuesday the 3rd because this Friday the 29th was no good for me due to a family cubscouting campout I was going to be on with my youngest. However, the trip has been cancelled due to weather, so if folks would rather do this Friday instead at the same time, we can go that route. It's up on the calendar now and we can switch to that instead if the votes for it work.

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2016, 15:06
I have 3 different characters I could bring to a low tier game if need be. Obviously I'd prefer to play the higher... but I'm willing to play low to avoid cmdisc having to run this twice. I would probably bring my Level 2 Druid Gurgleplunk for a lower tier game.

cmdisc
April 27th, 2016, 15:53
Just to be clear, I'm perfectly fine with running this twice. So don't consider it a chore that I'll need to be rescued from. ;) The key is whether we have enough interest on the given dates to fill two tables.

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2016, 15:58
Looks like 4 for Friday at this point.. the other two options are more iffy.

cmdisc
April 27th, 2016, 17:30
It sounds like Dave is available on Sunday and willing to replay this with one of his 1st level guys (for no credit of course). So that can be 3 so far for Sunday.

bigboom
April 27th, 2016, 21:30
I'm in for Friday! Probably not an issue but I'll just mention that I have a hard stop 5.5 hours after the start time.

According to the calendar, at the moment, it looks like we've got:

Blackfoot: Level 4 sorcerer
Aerine: Level 3 monk
Farnaby: Level 1 Illusionist

I have available:

Level 4 Ranger
Level 3 Fighter
If we go low tier and need something other than my fighter, I can create a new level 1 cleric or rogue

cmdisc
April 27th, 2016, 22:34
Dave hasn't voted, but I expect him to be good for Friday. With the levels being 4, 4, 3 and the 3 or 4 that you bring, we will be comfortably within the 4-5 subtier.

The following weekend I can run the 1-2 as planned with Farnaby, Irish, Dave (doing a replay with his 1st level), and anyone else that happens to come along....which there's plenty of time for.

I'm comfortable with those numbers.

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2016, 22:54
I am willing to play my Level 2 Druid if it makes things simpler... unless Farnaby wouldn't mind playing his level 3 paladin. But that still leaves Irish and Nemori (who has yet to post) out in the cold. Regardless.. it looks like we have more than enough for 1 game.. but not quite enough for 2.

Farnaby
April 27th, 2016, 22:58
The thing is that Neeha has 2 xp.
If I want to get 7 xp then I need her to go through all the 5 missions.
And I'd like to have 2 characters at the right level.

Can we play with 3 characters or do we need 4?

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2016, 23:03
Let me suggest an alternative option...
I'll run a starter game this sometime in the next week... 3xp Crypt of the Everflame or Godsmouth Heresy.. both can be played once at level 2 (in Core AND in Standard) so.. that'll get you guys a lot farther than this one. What do you think of that plan?

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2016, 23:10
Alternatively, I could run a 1 pt starter game this coming Saturday (30th) morning/afternoon or Sunday (1st) afternoon (Eastern time). Saturday morning is likely ideal for me.Starter Game Options:
Pathfinder Society Scenario Intro 1: First Steps—Part I: In Service to Lore*
Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–08: The Confirmation*
Pathfinder Society Scenario #6–10: The Wounded Wisp*
Pathfinder Society Scenario #7-10: The Consortium Compact*
Pathfinder Module: Master of the Fallen Fortress*
Pathfinder Module: We Be Goblins!*
Pathfinder Module: Crypt of the Everflame* - 3xp (LONG)
Pathfinder Module: The Godsmouth Heresy* - 3xp (LONG)These are all prepped and ready to play at any time..

Farnaby
April 27th, 2016, 23:30
If you're offering Blackfoot, then I'll play Layni (Lvl 3 Paladin) on Friday
and Neeha next week. I can do thursday, friday or saturday.
Also if possible one of the modules (but not Crypt of the Everflame, I've DMed that twice).

Blackfoot
April 28th, 2016, 00:07
By Modules.. do you mean Godsmouth Heresy?
The 3xp modules (like Crypt of the Everflame) are much longer than a normal scenario.. generally they have always taken me more than 1 session to complete in the past. The shorter ones are much more manageable. I'm fine with either option... and certainly the 3xp one would give folks a leg up.

IrishBouzouki
April 28th, 2016, 00:13
I have only one CORE character, at 5xp. Had thoughts of starting another CORE upon Madog reaching 3rd level but willing to hold off on that under the circumstances to concentrate on getting Madog up to level.
I'm USA Eastern time and I normally work during the weekdays (can take a day off for this) and have games Thursday evening and Saturday morning (for a few more weeks) & afternoon, and every other Sunday evening.
Happy to do whatever needs to be done to make this work for everyone, including sitting out if needed although obviously I hope that will not be the case.
I have not played any of the scenarios and modules mentioned in either CORE or Normal.

Blackfoot
April 28th, 2016, 00:33
Sounds like a 1 pointer on Sunday (the 1st) afternoon (eastern time) would get Madog where he needs to be for THIS game... or he COULD just play up and be careful... Hmm.
Any particular preference Farnaby? I'll post if the game if it works for everyone.. kinda last minute so I'd like to do it ASAP.

The Soose
April 28th, 2016, 02:41
Sounds like a 1 pointer on Sunday (the 1st) afternoon (eastern time) would get Madog where he needs to be for THIS game... or he COULD just play up and be careful... Hmm.
Any particular preference Farnaby? I'll post if the game if it works for everyone.. kinda last minute so I'd like to do it ASAP.

I would appreciate any one helping me get started in this. I have played lots of pathfinder but never society.

Blackfoot
April 28th, 2016, 04:15
I've side tracked cmd's game thread a bit too much... I'm goin to start a new thread for the upcoming starter game. Which I will schedule sometime between right now and next Friday the 6th of May. If you are interested in that game please post to the new thread (once I've created it.. which should be shortly).

Blackfoot
April 28th, 2016, 04:36
I would appreciate any one helping me get started in this. I have played lots of pathfinder but never society.The Soose... join the starter game thread I just posted and we can discuss what we can do to help you get started. The BEST thing to do at the outset is read through the first few posts in the threads that are stickied in this forum.

cmdisc
April 28th, 2016, 06:39
Not counting anything "extra" that Blackfoot or others might run, the Pre-Tournament section contains 5 remaining scenarios; three 1-5 and two 3-7.

The Post-Tournament section contains 18 scenarios in total; two 1-5, three 3-7, eight 5-9, and five 7-11.

One PC dedicated to the Post-Tournament that plays every session will allow that character to play the final session at either 9th or 11th level depending on whether they began at 7 or 13 XP (or anywhere in between). If you miss a few sessions here or there, you can still play through to the end as long as you can get to 18XP before we reach the final 5 sessions.

Two PCs dedicated to the Post-Tournament scenarios requires each PC to have 12 XP minimum and to play all but 1 session. Otherwise they will not hit 7th level by the time we reach the 7-11 tiers and will be locked out for the final 5 sessions.

This may or may not affect your decision whether to run 1 or 2 PCs through this.

If you have a means to earn XP outside of these games, then this is less of an issue for you.

EDIT: If people are struggling to get the XP they need, I can offer to run Feast of Ravenmoor as CORE sometime. It is a 3XP/4PP module that will take 1 or 2 sessions and can be applied to any characters of 2nd, 3rd, or 4th level. I would give preference to those that don't have anything higher level than 2nd or 3rd as alternatives.

cmdisc
April 28th, 2016, 06:55
I am tracking:

Blackfoot can hit either tier but would prefer the 4-5.
d1wright can hit either tier but would prefer 4-5.
Farnaby can hit either tier but would prefer 1-2.
aerine can hit either tier.
Irish currently can handle the 1-2, but could play up if he can reach 3rd.
bigboom can hit either tier.
The Soose can hit 1-2 or play a Pregen.
Nemori is on the calendar but hasn't posted anything.

That's 7 (potentially 8) players so far. More than 1 table, which would leave The Soose out of this one if we stuck with 1 table. Dave has expressed interest/willingness to replay this to help fill out a 2nd table. So I can easily see this as going:

Friday 29th (4-5)
Blackfoot
d1wright
aerine
bigboom

Sunday 8th (1-2)
Farnaby
d1wright
Irish
The Soose

This is not considering anyone else who might come along in that time.

If anyone is rethinking their preference, let me know. I can make suggestions and offer times, but ultimately we go with what the Players want.

Farnaby
April 28th, 2016, 07:54
I'll go for friday with Layni Lvl 3 paladin as Blackfoot is running a catchup next week.

Chronicle (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi37alIzB4reFZmZ0dOQjFhMGgzX3lHUE41UTFML TctVkxJ)

cmdisc
April 28th, 2016, 08:31
This puts Friday's table at 5 players with 2 (plus a replay) for May 8th. If Irish wants to jump in with his 2nd level and hang near the back that will make Friday's table 6. If Soose can make Friday as well and is willing to play a 4th level Pregen, I can exercise my right as a PFS GM and run a 7-player table. Even with that many people, I do not anticipate this session running longer than 5 hours as long as everyone shows up early, we start on time, and we don't get bogged down in far too much chatter.

Then instead of a 2nd run of this scenario, I can look to plan a Feast of Ravenmoor (CORE) game sometime in the next few weeks....possibly on a Friday or Saturday as most people seem to work best with those days. That can give a nice jump of 3XP to anyone needing the boost to get their characters into 3rd or 4th level.

cmdisc
April 28th, 2016, 08:48
That being said, I need Lucia, Vin Sha, and bigboom's XMLs. I also need Soose to let me know which CORE Pregen they would like to bring along (if they're joining us) so I can get it prepped.

And as always, if your character has any XP, I need the latest Chronicle if you haven't sent/posted it yet.

Nemori
April 28th, 2016, 15:50
Hey guys, sorry, I had quite a busy day yesterday.

I'd take either pregen lvl4 wizard for Friday, to see how it works mechanically in PF and FG, or my 1st level char on Sunday (not fully fleshed out yet). I'd prefer Friday though as there's a bit more to learn from lvl 4 character than lvl 1.

In either case, here's the last chronicle: dropbox (https://dl.dropbox.com/s/w6iwmschvnbedw2/Harsk%20%231%203-01%20Frostfur%20Captives-SIGNED.pdf)

cmdisc
April 28th, 2016, 18:42
Welcome, Nemori. Glad you could join the discussion here.

With 8 potential players, we're going to have to do some shuffling around. People who have established characters that can easily make the 4-5 table are: d1wright, Blackfoot, aerine, Farnaby, and bigboom. So I'm going to give them priority for the Friday 29th game. Any of them could switch to other characters or play down, but I'd prefer to keep them going with their established builds rather than backtrack to working on other ideas. At some point we'll need to leave the Pre-Tournament behind and move into the higher tier games.

Farnaby, if you'd rather focus on Neeha over Layni, that's fine. I can switch you back to the Sunday table and you can level her exclusively between Blackfoot's module and this session. Whichever you decide, I'd recommend you try to stick with one PC for now. Otherwise Layni is welcome to the Friday group.

This leaves Soose, Irish, and Nemori with characters that qualify for the 1-2 table on Sunday the 8th with d1wright willing to hop in to replay it and help fill out the table.

Irish, I know with a 2nd level character you have the option of jumping into the 4-5 table, but I'm going to ask if you can play down on Sunday so we can maintain a legal table there. If you're aboard with Blackfoot's game before that Sunday, you'll be 3rd and be able to acquire out-of-tier gold either way. So if you're good with this, great. If not, I'll have to try and get a few others to jump in or see about running an NPC. Ultimately you decide which table you want to be at.

Soose, I'd like you to sign up on the calendar and vote to confirm that Sunday May 8th works for you.

Nemori, you have time to build your own character instead of using a Pregen if you want. As your character has 1XP from playing Harsk, you still have 2 more sessions where you can build, try out, and change things about your character. Plenty of time to experiment with what you might like. So I'd suggest you fire up Fantasy Grounds and mess around with the character sheet some to see what you can come up with. And if you need any pointers let Blackfoot or me know.

bigboom
April 28th, 2016, 19:51
cmdisc, I've sent you an email with my character's xml, token and info about his chronicle sheets. Let me know if you don't get the email. Thanks!!

IrishBouzouki
April 28th, 2016, 21:15
I know with a 2nd level character you have the option of jumping into the 4-5 table, but I'm going to ask if you can play down on Sunday so we can maintain a legal table there. If you're aboard with Blackfoot's game before that Sunday, you'll be 3rd and be able to acquire out-of-tier gold either way. So if you're good with this, great.I'm good with that.

I mentioned to Blackfoot (and will be playing in his CORE catchup game this weekend I hope) that I am not sure of my status wrt chronicles from FG Con Faithless & Forgotten

cmdisc
April 28th, 2016, 22:36
bigboom, yes I got your email. I guess it helps if I actually read the email address. The name stamped on it is 'Thomas'....which is Farnaby's name too, so here I was thinking he was sending me yet another character. :p

The Chronicle issue is understandable for both bigboom and Irish. HoloGnome mentioned having a family issue to attend to so the dozens of Chronicles that his games generated during the CON will be trickling out when they can. We'll just have to make due with what we can. This excel spreadsheet of the 3 Faithless and Forgotten scenarios is helpful to track Gold, Prestige and Purchases. It shouldn't be a problem putting things together. And once HG is able to get his out, we can always revisit things if the numbers are off.

HoloGnome
April 29th, 2016, 00:14
2 tables of 4? I just signed up. Probably can't do tomorrow, but could do a week from Sunday.

cmdisc
April 29th, 2016, 06:06
Glad to have you along, HG. The May 8th (Sunday) CORE table is most likely going to be 1-2 subtier. I'm anticipating PCs ranging from 1st to 3rd for that one. So anything that fits that is welcome.

cmdisc
April 29th, 2016, 08:54
For today's game, I still need Vin Sha's XML and the latest Chronicles from Vin and Layni. Please post or email those ASAP.

Farnaby
April 29th, 2016, 08:57
My chronicle is in my post where Layni's xml is. Just click the word Chronicle (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi37alIzB4reFZmZ0dOQjFhMGgzX3lHUE41UTFML TctVkxJ) :)

Oooh look, I did it again! ;)

It's the meerkats I tell you, they're messing with your mind......

cmdisc
April 29th, 2016, 09:16
Doh! Missed that. Yeah, thanks.

cmdisc
April 29th, 2016, 18:28
Server is up. Alias is in my Signature.

HoloGnome
April 30th, 2016, 04:58
Sounds good as long as my 3rd level is OK. Banthis Koradoom - Fighter/2, Monk/1.

It looks like we might have some party composition issues. I hope it's not too skill/diplomacy heavy...unless it's sword-based diplomacy. :D

cmdisc
May 1st, 2016, 07:08
Well the title of this thread is a bit of a misnomer at this point, but I've got the calendar cleaned up. The Friday night 4-5 game went pretty well. A few bumps and bruises along the way, but nothing the party couldn't recover from. I'm working on Chronicles and hope to have them done in the next few days. aerine's and bigboom's will be estimates dependent on the 3 FaF ones. I have the numbers to plug in but will leave them unsigned until we're sure the Gold and PP totals are properly reflected.

The calendar is showing 6 potentials for next Sunday's game. Remember we are talking May 8th and not today (May 1st), in case there is any confusion. So far, I'm tracking:

d1wright; Daisy, Cleric/2
HoloGnome; Banthis, Fighter/2, Monk/1
IrishB; Madog, Ranger/3
Nemori; has voted on the calendar but doesn't have a character listed
The Soose; mentioned interest but hasn't voted nor have a character listed
iagojsnf; is on the calendar but hasn't voted or posted

If you haven't done so, please get your XMLs and latest Chronicles to me in a timely manner. Dave, since you are replaying this for no credit, don't worry about Daisy's Chronicle. I only need to issue you one if it becomes pertinent. We can tackle that then if need be.

If you need help with building a character or want to use a Pregenerated Character, let me know and I can offer some assistance. I know we have a few new players whether to PFS or FG or both.

cmdisc
May 1st, 2016, 07:12
Oh and I should probably add, since someone is bound to miss this (especially if they've hopped into this discussion near the end):

This is a CORE game. So only CORE characters are possible. Please make sure there are no non-CORE feats, traits, equipment, etc that have managed to sneak onto your character sheets. I know it happens. Those sneaky little things have pretty good Stealth Checks and can be a nuisance to even the most seasoned PFS gamers.

IrishBouzouki
May 1st, 2016, 12:18
Madog eeked into 3rd level of Ranger filling in the end of Blackfoot's game last night.
I will post an updated xml.

IrishBouzouki
May 1st, 2016, 18:34
see xml below, updated from what was posted here earlier

cmdisc
May 1st, 2016, 18:52
Thanks for the updated xml. I edited the above post to reflect his new level. :)

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 09:28
The 29 April table has been reported and the Chronicles have been emailed. Devlan's and Vin's are initialed, but unsigned, until we can make sure my numbers match up with HG's incoming Chronicles. Once we've confirmed the numbers, I'll email out signed copies to you two.

dmkevin
May 2nd, 2016, 15:49
Hi cmdisc, I have owned the pathfinder main book for about 1 1/2 years and only played Pathfinder once (which was a few months ago and my first exposure to Fantasy Grounds). I really enjoyed it. While not the same, I have about 4 years of playing and dm'ing D&D 3.5. I am happy to play a pre-generated character if that is okay. A barbarian if one is available. I can try to put one together for tomorrow if needed. I cannot make the Sunday, May 8th session. Playing CORE is great as there are so many other options which I don't have to then deal with yet.

I have a pathfinder society id but have never yet used it. Do you need my number? I don't actually know what a chronicle is.

Regards,

dmkevin

dmkevin
May 2nd, 2016, 15:55
cmdisc,

Just writing to say I put level 1 on the game calendar as I thought I have to start at level 1. I am fine whatever level my character would need to start at.

dmkevin

dmkevin
May 2nd, 2016, 17:23
Ahh, I've been on the paizo site and found various society guides. I see I have to have a faction and other things. I'm now creating my own character. i'll post when done for your approval.

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 18:06
The key source you'll need for PFS is the "Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide". This gives the build rules for creating characters. As we are using the CORE portion, the only things you need are the Guild Guide, the CRB, and the Character Traits Web Enhancement. All of that is spelled out in the Guild Guide.

The rules are otherwise very close to 3.5, so you should have no problems creating what you need.

IrishBouzouki
May 2nd, 2016, 23:07
update to Madog's xml with gold from final game at FG Con added in. also emailed you his last chronicle which should bring him all up to date now.

cmdisc
May 4th, 2016, 18:28
I'm currently tracking 4 for this coming Sunday. APL is sitting at 2.25, so we're comfortably into the 1-2 subtier. We'll see if any more show up before then.

I will need files and Chronicles from Daisy and Cornileu, but I understand one or both of you will be playing in other games before Sunday, so no rush.

cmdisc
May 7th, 2016, 22:21
Just so we're up to speed here, I plan to have the server up 30-60 minutes before game time. I am taking my wife out to dinner for Mother's Day, but I should be back in time to have the server up by that time. If I'm running late, don't panic. I'll hop on TeamSpeak the moment I'm back home. :)

Nemori
May 8th, 2016, 15:37
Here are the files for Corneliu, let me know if there's anything missing.

HoloGnome
May 9th, 2016, 17:21
Thanks for the game - it was fun!

cmdisc
May 11th, 2016, 10:38
Ok guys, the Chronicles have been sent out and the game reported. If you need anything, let me know. Otherwise we can consider this scenario wrapped up.