PDA

View Full Version : SW Arcane Backgrounds not dragging to character sheet

FuzzyThall13
April 27th, 2016, 06:35
I'm relatively new to FG and am loving it. I've been doing all the newbie stuff to learn how things work (making characters, doing mock combat encounters, map creation, token targeting, effects, etc.). I've finally talked my gaming friends to start a real campaign so we started making some characters and making my NPCs, maps, encounters, etc. And we found out that when dragging any of the Arcane Background Edges to the character sheet doesn't work. ALL other Edges, Hindrances, Skills, Races, Weapons, Armor, Power, etc. drag and work just fine. If I remember correctly, they used to drag just fine. The Arcane Background Skills drag and work just fine.

Also, there are no links in the Fantasy Companion for the Arcane Backgrounds available to grab and drop only little + to expand the descriptions of said Edges. All other stuff has drag and drop links.

I recently installed many of the Dulux-Oz Extensions: DOEBase, DOELocations, DOEOrganizations, DOEWeather, and DOECSG. Not sure if they have anything to do with it. I've unselected them when loading the campaign and still no luck.

I also have the Fantasy Companion and Adventure Deck extensions.

I've updated and reloaded all rulesets through Settings. Still no joy.

Did they ever work? And do I have to manually enter these Edges to the character sheet?

Thanks for the help.

Zacchaeus
April 27th, 2016, 09:56
Welcome FuzzyThall13 to Fantasy Grounds and to the community.

When you select the 'Arcane Type' either in the Powers tab in the Main sheet or in the Powers Tab itself that is, in effect, you selecting that edge. So if you select 'Magic' from the drop down menu you have selected the Arcane Background (Magic).

Mask_of_winter
April 27th, 2016, 13:38
Also, there are no links in the Fantasy Companion for the Arcane Backgrounds available to grab and drop only little + to expand the descriptions of said Edges. All other stuff has drag and drop links.

You are correct. This was the developer's decision. I suspect that at the time of it's conversion, the Savage Worlds ruleset didn't have drag and drop functionality yet and that unlike the other edges, hindrances and races, it was never updated.
Until this gets addressed I suggest you right click in the Edge window, create entry and copy/paste the text from the pdf.
As a more advanced work around, you can use the SW Library extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152731&viewfull=1#post152731) to modify the module itself.

FuzzyThall13
April 27th, 2016, 18:16
Thank you very much, guys. And keep up the better than great work.

Now I know.... and knowing (oh know the rest).