PDA

View Full Version : Stories Editable, Quests Not Editable?

bigbluepaw
April 27th, 2016, 02:26
Hey all. I've been reskinning the Lost Mines of Phandelver adventure.

I found that I can edit the stories by unlocking them. I copy and paste these into new stories. That works out well.

I found, however, that I can not unlock quests to copy and paste them. I actually can't even highlight the text.

Was this on purpose? Am I doing something wrong?

Zacchaeus
April 27th, 2016, 10:05
No, you can't access quests. Quests are treated as reference material and as such aren't accessible.

Andraax
April 27th, 2016, 15:22
Drag and drop the quests from the library into the campaign's quests window. Then you can unlock and edit them.

bigbluepaw
April 27th, 2016, 16:55
Aha! Gotcha Andraax. Thanks for the suggestion.

Zacchaeus, thanks for your answer as well. Although I'm not sure I understand why stories and quests are treated differently. Any insight?

Zacchaeus
April 27th, 2016, 18:05
Aha! Gotcha Andraax. Thanks for the suggestion.

Zacchaeus, thanks for your answer as well. Although I'm not sure I understand why stories and quests are treated differently. Any insight?

It's just the way par5e works. Some things like spells, backgrounds, skills, feats etc can only be par5ed as reference text. A reference manual is like the DMG or the PHB. Such reference material is not mean to be editable. On the other hand story entries and NPCs are meant to be in in campaigns and can be edited. For some reason quests are only par5ed as reference material; I don't know the technical explanation for that but it just is.