PDA

View Full Version : Printing *OR* Importing?

scottaroberts
April 26th, 2016, 19:57
Hi!

I know the question about printing in general has come up before, and I know it can't be easily done except for character sheets. That being said, two questions:

1) Will there be/are there any plans in the future to allow printing custom monsters created in FG, *OR*
2) Is there any standardized or simple means to create offline monsters in something printable (XML, XLS, Word, whatever) and import them into FG simply and seamlessly?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
April 26th, 2016, 20:44
I doubt there ever will be the option to print anything out other than possibly character sheets. There isn't native support for a printing function and I understand that Unity doesn't have any native support for printing either, so it's unlikely that it will be possible even after the switch to Unity. There are also copyright issues; can't have people just printing out the MM and PHB (and I know you said custom monsters but how will FG know?)
I think the answer to your second question is no; but there is par5e (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27297-Par5e).

Nylanfs
April 27th, 2016, 01:12
You can import from PCGen.