PDA

View Full Version : port forward 1802 done, BUT still getting FAILURE result. pls help

MakeShiftDie
April 24th, 2016, 21:19
Hi,
Im new to fantasy ground and im looking to DM a group, got the license, necessary modules, phb, dmg, mm books, also got teamspeak. Ive already configured my (and even turned off my) firewall and router to forward its connections to 1802 but I still get the FAILURE result. Im hoping I have not wasted my time and money, and Im really wanting to DM.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Zacchaeus
April 24th, 2016, 22:06
Are you on a wireless network? Is your router set to direct input from FG to your computer's IP address on your network?

jasonthelamb
April 24th, 2016, 22:58
Are you opening 1802 UDP pr TCP?

ddavison
April 24th, 2016, 23:05
If you send screenshots of your FG Settings screen, your Campaign launch screen with your local IP address shown and your router config screens, we can look those over to see if we spot anything not properly set. Also send us the external IP address by going to https://whatismyipaddress.com/. Send them to [email protected].

As Zacchaeus has mentioned, it is also possible you have two routers on your network if you use a separate device to provide wi-fi. If that is the case, you need to set up the outer-most router to port forward 1802 to your wi-fi router and then set up port forwarding on your wi-fi router to point to your laptop.

We don't ever recommend turning off your firewall. It is unnecessary to do so and may place your system at risk. We are generally able to help people resolve setup issues after just a short email or two and then it doesn't need to be set up again unless something changes significantly on your home network.

damned
April 25th, 2016, 02:02
Hi MakeShiftDie - If you are still stuck feel free to send me a PM and Ill work thru it with you.