PDA

View Full Version : Can't Transfer License to different computer?

Locri
April 24th, 2016, 18:37
Hello,

I've been trying for several hours to move my license over from my old, dying computer to my new computer. After running the installer putting in the license key it shows as "Ultimate" in the corner of the launcher window. So, that seems to work so far. However, regardless if I have copied my old AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds directory or not I can no longer load the campaign I was working on. Also, none of the base rulesets (3.5, 4e, 5e, PF, etc.) seem to be loading because if I try to create a new campaign they aren't showing up as rulesets that I can select. They are downloading when I run the Updater and are in the rulesets directory. I've tried erasing the directory and starting from scratch, uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting the registry entries, and nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Thanks!
Locri

Zacchaeus
April 24th, 2016, 18:53
Hi Locri welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the Community.

Did you change to a new Operating system with your new computer? If so the campaign directory might well be in a different place from where you expect it to be. On the splash screen click on the little folder icon at the top right (just above where it says ultimate) and that will open up the directory that everything is saved to. You can then check that the Data Directories in Settings is pointing to the correct location.

Locri
April 24th, 2016, 19:13
Hi Zacchaeus,

Thanks for the fast reply. I did check and the directories and they're pointed to the right place. And as I've said, I even started from scratch and only registered the license and it still doesn't allow me to work with the ruleset/create a new campaign.

Edit: I think I just got it working by once again uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm not sure why it's working the 4th time through, but it seems to be.

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
April 24th, 2016, 19:22
Make sure that all permissions are set correctly (full read write) for the data folders.

When you were updating were there any errors reported?

ddavison
April 24th, 2016, 19:25
Yep, it sounds like permissions.