PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Modules

bigbluepaw
April 22nd, 2016, 02:42
Hey folks. I am redesigning a good bit of the Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign. I see that I can open up the module. I also see that I can unlock it for modifications.

When I make those changes, are they being made against the module or the campaign? If I wanted to create a new base LMoP module, would I somehow export that and then use that exported thing as a module?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

LordEntrails
April 22nd, 2016, 03:33
The changes are made to the campaign. With the WotC modules, I don't believe you can modify the original content as I believe it is encrypted (as required by WotC).

I suspect you could make the changes to a new campaign, and then someone here could probably tell you how to duplicate those changes to another campaign by copying the db.xml or other files, but I'm not sure.

damned
April 22nd, 2016, 04:16
You can export your changes but they are a separate set of changes to the original file. The original file will be unchanged. If you export the changes you can load these changes via the module activation into another campaign.

bigbluepaw
April 22nd, 2016, 12:58
Thanks Damned. Mainly I'm looking at stories. I want to take the existing stories from the module, modify them and then save them as a separate module. Then I imagine I can activate both modules, so I can see the original and the new entries, in a new campaign. I'll experiment and report back.