PDA

View Full Version : Q. About Character Sheet Controls

Zane_Marlowe
May 25th, 2005, 02:06
Where do I find the controls that define how the side tabs (for skills, main, spells, etc.) work on the character sheet? I'm trying to figure this out so I can work out how to add tabs, or change the hotspot areas. I'm thinking about working up a D20 Modern and/or Future ruleset (based on the fine work here, but more graphics intensive, like my recent Adventure! project), and I was thinking about whether or not I could change those controls to accommodate different graphics than simple tabs. (I had the idea for a radio control knob for instance.) Where are these controls located?

Thanks again,
ZM

Crusader
May 25th, 2005, 08:10
In the charsheet.xml there's a section that looks like this (apart from the lack of indentation):

<windowclass name="charsheet">
<datasource name="charsheet" />
<defaultsize width="550" height="685" />
<defaultposition x="415" y="50" />
<minimize />
<nodelete />
<playercontrol />
<sheetdata>
<subwindow name="1main">
<class name="charsheet_main" />
<activate />
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="2skills">
<class name="charsheet_skills" />
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="3inventory">
<class name="charsheet_inventory" />
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="4spells">
<class name="charsheet_spells" />
</subwindow>
<windowchangecontrol>
<bounds rect="530,10,15,89" />
<target name="1main" />
</windowchangecontrol>
<windowchangecontrol>
<bounds rect="530,104,15,89" />
<target name="2skills" />
</windowchangecontrol>
<windowchangecontrol>
<bounds rect="530,198,15,89" />
<target name="3inventory" />
</windowchangecontrol>
<windowchangecontrol>
<bounds rect="530,292,15,89" />
<target name="4spells" />
</windowchangecontrol>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

This defines the "clickable"areas - the tabs, of the images that make up the different pages of the character sheet. The classnames must also be defined in d20_graphics.xml, for example:

<framedef name="charsheet_main">
<bitmap file="rulesets\d20\frames\charsheet_main.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,0,0" />
<top rect="0,0,0,0" />
<topright rect="0,0,0,0" />
<left rect="0,0,0,0" />
<middle rect="0,0,550,685" />
<right rect="0,0,0,0" />
<bottomleft rect="0,0,0,0" />
<bottom rect="0,0,0,0" />
<bottomright rect="0,0,0,0" />
</framedef>

I have no idea if you can use some other type of control to switch the pages though.

Mithrindir
June 13th, 2005, 16:23
OMG I would alos love to add pages to the character sheet. A tabe for notes charcter sheet wouldbe good. One could define personality traits or contacts or history of character. Also a place to defienthe Languages for a character. that would be good.

Crusader
June 13th, 2005, 20:00
That's easy enough, I guess. Just make the graphics for it, define it in the d20_graphics.xml, make a definition for the page and the fields in the charsheet.xml and add the subwindow-definition and the windowchange further down in the same file. Oh, and don't forget to add the extra tab on the already existing images for the first pages. Good luck! :)