PDA

View Full Version : Idea added to wishlist

ffujita
April 21st, 2016, 20:38
Vote for it if you'd like to see it.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=102980

Encounter Box -- Include link to Placed NPC Map

The encounter box allows you to place your NPCs on a map, and when you add the encounter to the combat tracker, it also places the tokens on that map. It would be nice if there was a link to the map that the tokens have been/will be placed on.

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2016, 20:53
I'm not sure I get what you mean. At present you can add NPCs from an encounter to the map and you can pin the encounter to the map and when you place the encounter on the CT the NPCs are placed on the map. What am I missing?

ffujita
April 21st, 2016, 21:34
The pin is a link from the map to the encounter -- I would like a link from the encounter to the map.

Nylanfs
April 21st, 2016, 21:39
Create a story item that has the encounter and the map in it as links.

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2016, 21:54
The pin is a link from the map to the encounter -- I would like a link from the encounter to the map.

Ah, I see. So what you'd like is for the map to be opened up when you click on the 'Add encounter to Combat Tracker' in the encounter?

ffujita
April 21st, 2016, 21:58
Sure -- that'd work even better than my original idea (which was to have a little anchor inside the encounter box).

Andraax
April 21st, 2016, 22:18
Err, this functionality already exists?

If you add an encounter to the combat tracker, then double click on one of the tokens in the CT, it will open the map if it's not already open, and move the map to the top of the window stack.

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2016, 22:24
I think I'm with Nylanfs on this one. I suppose it depends on how you do things but I like to open my encounters from map pins so I'd want the map open before the encounter. I will usually have the map as the first link in a story entry where the map is first used. Open it and share it and whilst that's happening continue with the description etc. I have my encounters pinned to the map (as well as the story entry). However if you do things the other way around I can see where your need is.

ffujita
April 21st, 2016, 22:36
Well, my philosophy is you should always be able to navigate from any object to the other objects in the module. That's why I like to have a link to the previous and next story entry in each story entry instead of needing to go back to the story window. However, Given Andraax's comment -- I can use that -- I didn't know that when you double clicked on an NPC token in the combat tracker that it pulled up the map.

Thanks everyone!

Andraax
April 21st, 2016, 23:04
I use that when we stopped playing in the middle of a combat last session. I just open the combat tracker and double click on a PC's token and it brings up the last map they were on. Also, I pin all the story entries to the appropriate map so I don't have to use links within the story entry itself - besides, my players *rarely* go in the order that I expect them to...

damned
April 22nd, 2016, 04:30
Thanks Andraax - thats about the 5th tip Ive learnt from you in recent weeks :)