PDA

View Full Version : New Player Looking for Help

JoEcheva
April 21st, 2016, 00:08
Hello All,

I am new to this as new comes. I have zero experience but have been watching some Critical Role for a few weeks now. I have decided to plunge into the life of playing some D&D. I have the 5th edition book and been scrolling through it. All I am asking for is a little assistance on how to get started. If anyone here has the patience that can help me out I would really appreciate it. Cant wait to get started on adventures. Thanks.

Timezone is Eastern and I am available every evening with the exception of Thur-Fri.

damned
April 21st, 2016, 00:36
Welcome JoEcheva.
In most cases a 5e GM will not come looking for you - you will need to apply directly to 5e games that are being posted.
This is not because 5e GMs are slack or rude or whatever - its because their games fill up quickly already.

JerryRig
April 21st, 2016, 15:13
I can help with 3.5 edition or pathfinder game (can run a one on one) to get you familiar with Fantasy Grounds. The way the games play out using Fantasy Grounds are 90% similar just the way characters are made and rule differences between 5E and pathfinder are different. I don't play 5E as it lacks ...variety and options in comparison to AD&D 3.5 / Pathfinder so if your interested in learning how to use Fantasy Grounds and don't already have a home with another DM/game ....drop me a message and we'll see if we can get your oriented on the use of Fantasy Grounds in the gaming realm.