PDA

View Full Version : Sunless Citadel One-Shot (w/ more possible)

DMDaddy0
April 20th, 2016, 05:13
Gauging interest in one-shot adventure. I am currently working on converting the original Sunless Citadel module into 5th edition rules.

FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite, etc.
Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: 12 (noon) to about 5PM
Day of week and time: i.e. Sunday May 1st.
Planned Frequency: Depending on how far the players get, and depending on how flexible schedules can be, we may be able to continue. The Sunless Citadel was known for being a large dungeon for 1st level characters.
Term: Short term (module) with the possibility of more modules (Forge of Fury, etc) down the road.

Text or Voice: Mix of both okay.
Voice software used: i.e. Skype or FG Teamspeak.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 25/75 Heavy Combat/Exploration. It's no Tomb of Horrors but there are a lot of traps in the Sunless Citadel.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 players.
Character starting level & equipment: i.e. 1st level. Use standard points-buy.
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes. No custom or house-ruled.

Details of your scenario: This adventure involves a once-proud fortress that fell into the earth in an age long past. Rechristened the Sunless Citadel, its echoing, broken halls now house nefarious races and malign creatures. Evil has taken root at the citadel’s core, which is deep within a subterranean garden of blighted foliage. Here a terrible tree and its dark shepherd plot in darkness.

damned
April 20th, 2016, 13:52
I have a feeling that this adventure might take several sessions. It should be a great introduction for players so get in on this folks!

jcroci
April 21st, 2016, 11:54
I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but have a bunch of tabletop experience. How can I sign up?

DMDaddy0
April 21st, 2016, 15:23
You can sign up at the Game Calendar here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1953

This is a big module and most groups take a few weeks to clear through it, so it won't be a "one shot" in the traditional sense. To that end, however, if the group enjoys playing and schedules can be flexible, we can continue through the end of the module. That's my goal, at least.

DMDaddy0
April 22nd, 2016, 05:48
Characters are still up for grabs. I can run the server ahead of time if necessary so folks can create characters. Otherwise if it gets down to the wire and nobody has made characters I'll just make some pregens for drop-ins.

DMDaddy0
April 24th, 2016, 06:22
So as of now game is in about one week. I have a little interest but only two players have signed up. My plan is to make pregens for the game, but if players want to bring ready-to-play characters that's fine as well.

Also, players will need to download Hamachi to join, since I'm stuck with hosting on a public network. Seems like it works pretty fast and easy.

damned
April 24th, 2016, 08:12
Hola again DMDaddy0!

Go thru this sub-forum over the last 7 days and you will likely find at least 4 or 5 players available Sundays for this.
You could also repost it with the Subject: 5e Campaign Starting May 1st and you will pick up some more interest.

Post a link to the Hamachi instructions too. Sometimes people are put off by that but when they see how easy it is it usually isnt a problem.

BDaniel
April 24th, 2016, 16:57
DMDaddyO,
Signed up on calendar. I am new to D&D 5E and FG but did play D&D/AD&D decades ago and just about every computer version, Icewindale, Baldurs Gate etc etc, back to the 5.2 floppys. Played a 1 shot dungeon and 1 session of LMOP , so far on FG. Capable of navigating FG but still not familiar with moderate to advanced tools within FG. Have Standard Lics, Hamachi, and TS3. Also have PHB, DMG, MM, and SWAG. I am able to create my own chars. I would prefer a melee class but no opposed to a wizard or cleric type, if that is what the party needs.
1. Can the SCAG be used in addition to the PHB?
2. Clarification: Standard points buy: buying abilities based upon 27 points to purchase ability scores IAW PHB?
3. What Time Zone will the game be running?

SF
BDaniel