PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interesthe short term biweekly game

Senoj
April 20th, 2016, 04:49
Hi. I am gauging interest in a short term every other week RMC game. I am looking at every other Thursday starting 4/28. It would be around 6pm central us time.

My goals are to use test candidate RMC ruleset and to utilize some additional classes from companions. I would like character generation be done on first night. This would include a levelling up as those two features are my favorite parts of the ruleset . One of my major goals is to get more practice at running RMC especially in FG.

Voice chat via TS is a must.

Please let me know if you are interested.

GM Snow
April 20th, 2016, 05:59
I would be interested but unfortunately thursdays are my daughters Dance lesson nights, so I can't do that day and time

Senoj
April 20th, 2016, 15:04
Thanks, Jtolman. That's good information. I am somewhat flexible on the weekday; however, not as much on the time slot. After initial gauging interest, maybe we can revisit the day in a poll or something.

Senoj
April 20th, 2016, 18:24
Here is a google poll for other timeslots that people may be available.

https://goo.gl/forms/v5vZjsPGJZ

Hope this works.

GM Snow
April 20th, 2016, 19:40
voted

Senoj
April 20th, 2016, 21:02
Cool. The poll worked.

jshauber
April 20th, 2016, 23:03
Very interested but all the nights you have listed I already have games except Thursday and that night I have rugby practice.

Good luck getting players. If you still have an opening when the season ends in June I would love to join then.

Dakadin
April 21st, 2016, 01:36
I should be able to make it on either Tuesdays or Thursday with a 7pm CST start time. How long were you thinking of running it?

Bravo228
April 21st, 2016, 05:15
I can make it on Tuesdays at anytime.

GM Snow
April 21st, 2016, 05:59
I may be able to swing Tuesdays, I'll have to talk to my wife

Senoj
April 21st, 2016, 16:48
Hi, all. Thanks for all the interest.

How long am I planning on doing this? I can see doing this for at least a couple of months. As I said on the ICE forums, I want to do an extended kick the tires on a RMC and RMC for FG, before I jump into the deep end with a long term campaign. I need to see what options I like or don't like and can try a few things that I would not think I would be able to in a long term campaign.

I am seeing a lot of votes (at least in the forums) for Tuesday.

Senoj
April 24th, 2016, 18:55
Thanks, all. I have added an event to the calendar starting 5/10.

GM Snow
April 26th, 2016, 18:20
hey, Note here.
Since the calendar is using GMT for time..
You might want to be clear in the description that the time listed is CDT

For me, that is 1 hour difference, But the calendar gives me a 7 hour difference from GMT.

Either that. or list the game time in GMT ?

I would just hate for some one looking at it t get confused :-)

GM Snow
April 26th, 2016, 18:21
dang duplicate server lag posts

RedPaladine
April 26th, 2016, 21:45
Signed up today. Will we be making our character on the first meeting? Any information on how we will make the characters would be appreciated. I want to read up on the process so that I will be prepared. I have not played Rolemaster since my army days in the late 90's. I am looking forward to to the fun.

Senoj
April 27th, 2016, 14:08
Since the calendar is using GMT for time..
You might want to be clear in the description that the time listed is CDT

Hi, the calendar is showing CDT on my end at 7pm. If the calendar is showing in GMT, you might want to set your default timezone in your profile settings. To do that, click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the forums and select profile. On the left side under My Settings, there is a General Settings under My account. About halfway down the scroll after selecting General Settings you will see the ability to set your default time zone.

Hope that helps.

Senoj
April 27th, 2016, 14:14
Signed up today. Will we be making our character on the first meeting?

Yes. We will be making characters the first session and have an introductory type game play. The first thing I will do is determine how much experience people have with Rolemaster, how much experience they have with Fantasy Grounds, and how much experience they have with RMC on Fantasy Grounds. I am sure there will be a wide variety.

I am looking to see what material there is already to creating a character for in RMC for FG. If not, I will put together something.

GM Snow
April 27th, 2016, 18:38
having made a character in Hawkwind's game a few weeks ago.. the Core rules, secondary skill, and core classes are all there. There are a few quirks, Like if you have Adrenal defense in your skill list, even if you haven't developed it.. it will apply a -25 to your dfense for non-proficiency.. so anyone not using AD would want to delete it from their skill lsit and so forth. Adding additional skills is pretty easy.

Dakadin
April 29th, 2016, 06:36
Hi jtolman,

The Adrenal Defense will only be auto calculated if the GM has turned it on in the preferences. Also it only adds in if the PC has a AT of 1. Otherwise it should set the DB value for Adrenal Defense to 0 regardless of the actual skill bonus.

Please let me know if you see any other issues.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Dakadin
April 29th, 2016, 06:42
Yes. We will be making characters the first session and have an introductory type game play. The first thing I will do is determine how much experience people have with Rolemaster, how much experience they have with Fantasy Grounds, and how much experience they have with RMC on Fantasy Grounds. I am sure there will be a wide variety.

I am looking to see what material there is already to creating a character for in RMC for FG. If not, I will put together something.

There is a little bit of documentation on creating a character for RMC in FG here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18275-RMC-Ruleset-Documentation

The manual is a bit dated but the stat gen and stat gain one is an updated version I did for the version (1.7) you get if you switch to Test mode.

RedPaladine
April 29th, 2016, 19:52
Dakadin, I have read through the character development and even tried to make a character on FG locally (more just to learn the process). I do not see how to add a background or Background options. Are they no longer used in the character creation? Is this a DM assigned portion or am I just not seeing how to add them? If you want to wait until we make our characters I will understand. I am just trying to get to know the process so that I can be prepared. In my opinion Rolemaster has the most diverse character creation process of any RPG which can be intimidating due to all the options.

GM Snow
April 30th, 2016, 04:55
You have to add background options manually. Speaking of which, are we only uing the Character law Background options.. or is the Companion one open for use?

Bravo228
April 30th, 2016, 05:06
How are you going to do character stats? Points or do we roll?

RedPaladine
April 30th, 2016, 21:59
jtolman, according to his Welcome post in the calendar:

This will be played with the RMC Ruleset. This will include characters from Spell Law II, Rolemaster Companion I, and Combat Companion.

So I believe background options from Companion I will be available.

Dakadin
May 1st, 2016, 00:49
As jtolman said background options are manual. The RMC ruleset isn't designed to be a full character creator. I just tried to automate some of the portions that slowed things down. It does help with stat generation, stat gain rolls and skill development. As RedPaladine mentioned there are a ton of options and I tried not to include anything that would prevent a GM from being able to play Rolemaster the way they want using the RMC ruleset.

I plan on being there during character creation so I will be able to help if there is any confusion.

lamprey
May 1st, 2016, 20:33
Where is the link to the calendar?

Dakadin
May 1st, 2016, 20:36
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1958

lamprey
May 1st, 2016, 22:28
Thank you Dak!
:)

Senoj
May 2nd, 2016, 16:00
The characters will be rolled. Because this is short term, no one likes to have a stat of 30 that they have no chance of improving, I will likely be rerolling below 40 and not really setting a limit on how many times you roll.

Let me review the background options and get back with you this week. Because I am using this as a testing ground, I likely will go with Companion rules; however, I will state which ones.

There appears to be quite a few people signed up and few more bites over at Ironcrown. Because that my 2 of my three priorities for this campaign are to introduce RM players to FG (and vice versa) I am keen on not turning away anyone.

Because of what I have is very mechanical in nature--my wanting to kick the tires of the system and RMC and see if I want to do anything long term--this should work out. If this was in depth Roleplaying, I would not go this big.

Dakadin
May 3rd, 2016, 05:34
You might already know this but just in case, there is a preference to automatically reroll stats below a certain number. It can be found Preferences under the Character Assistant Options. The default is 20 but you can easily change it to 40. Then if any rolls are less than 40 it will automatically roll that stat again and put a message in chat so you can see what happened. Just realize that you will get re-rolls on 40 percent of the rolls so it might take a bit for it to finish if you use the Roll All button. I used 40 when originally testing but never tried it past there. Here is a screenshot of the preference:

Senoj
May 3rd, 2016, 21:08
I had found that while playing around with the options. I do not think I was using the Roll All button. If I recall correctly it only rerolled the one stat.

Dakadin
May 4th, 2016, 02:53
The Roll All button will make a roll for every field with the dice showing on them. If you choose the 3 column method for generating stats, it will roll 30 d100's and reroll any stats automatically that are under the min value set in the preference. It is actually fun to watch all the dice the first few times. :)

RedPaladine
May 9th, 2016, 19:07
Is everything looking good for creating characters on Tuesday?

Senoj
May 10th, 2016, 20:02
Everything is on schedule as far as I am concerned. I posted in the calendar event that we will be using the FGCon Teamspeak server.