PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k Deathwatch oneshot

Hurske
April 19th, 2016, 21:31
Looking to run a one shot Deathwatch game, want to test out the system, mission system seems to be good for a one shot.

Also looking for the potential to start a long term group depending on how things go.

No date or time yet, although would like to start in early May.

Day of the week will be Weekday (Tuesday-Friday), will have to be morning time. Thinking of 9am PST give or take a few hours for start.

**NOTE** Im doing the same thing when I started my star wars game, this game will use premades made by me using only base rulebook. I want to get a baseline of abilities and stats without players making their own niche. I am learning this system and don't want to be flipping through books for learning. For a long term game all options will be made open and character creation from other books.

**NOTE** As with the premades, I have many ideas for making missions. But the staring Oneshot will most likely use one of the premade short adventures, possible from the base rulebook. So I know it may annoy some of you that have already read through it and or done it previously. Think of the first Oneshot as a way of seeing if the group meshes with eachother to continue playing into a long term campaign.

Apply on the game calendar
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1949

ShotGun Jolly
April 20th, 2016, 00:11
Looking to run a one shot Deathwatch game, want to test out the system, mission system seems to be good for a one shot.

Also looking for the potential to start a long term group depending on how things go.

No date or time yet, although would like to start in early May.

Day of the week will be Weekday (Tuesday-Friday), will have to be morning time. Thinking of 9am PST give or take a few hours for start.

Apply on the game calendar
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1949

I wouldnt mind playing a 1 shot, given the date and time. ☺

Hurske
April 20th, 2016, 00:45
Hey! Your the man that made the ruleset for fantasygrounds right. Nice work on that, took me a bit to start figuring out all the little bells and whistles on the pages.

ShotGun Jolly
April 20th, 2016, 04:01
Thanks! Took me a while to figure out how those bells and whistles worked too :) Got any questions about it, let me know.

bigboom
April 20th, 2016, 10:15
Hurske, count me in, depending on the date you decide. The timing should be good for me though! I've signed up on the calendar.

Jolly, I still fondly remember your Black Crusade FG Con one-shot! Good to seeya around!

Hurske
April 21st, 2016, 02:30
Went ahead and posted to the FFG forums for players too!

Regall Dorn
April 21st, 2016, 20:16
40k is by far my favorite universe. I'm in for anything, one shot, long term, Deathwatch, Black Crusade. I am so happy to see someone running one.

Hurske
April 21st, 2016, 20:21
I love the setting myself. I run both Dnd (5th ed) and Star Wars (FFG), although I love both systems, they are not tactical, and I want to scratch that itch. So blowing up filthy xenos, removing the heads from heretics and blowing stuff up sounds fun.

I really would like to turn this into a long term game.

musungu
April 25th, 2016, 21:23
Hey,

I came over from the ffg forums to express interest - I've been GMing for a long time, so I get to play only occasionally, which is a pity. I'm hoping to remedy this by signing up here :)

Sadly, my gaming time is fairly limited by a 9-5 office job and the fact that I'm located in the GMT+1 timezone, so it's gonna be tight, but if there's any chance we can make this work, I'm in.

Hurske
April 26th, 2016, 01:38
Alright fellas, looks like I have enough to start working on a time. Post on here and on the calendar what times and days of the week is best for you, so we can form a group play time.

bigboom
April 26th, 2016, 02:49
For this week, these start times should work for me (I'm assuming the one-shot will run about 3 hours).

Wednesday, April 27: 10am PDT
Thursday, April 28: 8am to 10am PDT
Friday, April 29: 9am to 1:30pm PDT or 11pm PDT
Saturday, April 30: Free all day, anytime. 12:01am to 11:59pm PDT
Sunday, May 1: Midnight to 2:30am PDT or 9:30am to 11:59pm PDT (nearly all day)

Edit: Expanded the time I'm available this Sunday. Woo!

Regall Dorn
April 26th, 2016, 04:47
Well I'm on PST so my times will be limited to hours I'm awake. I also have another game going Thursday afternoons; besides that I'll make it work.

bigboom
April 26th, 2016, 04:54
Well I'm on PST so my times will be limited to hours I'm awake. I also have another game going Thursday afternoons; besides that I'll make it work.

I assume you mean PDT since daylight savings is currently in effect (GMT -7)? But yah, basically Pacific time.

musungu
April 26th, 2016, 19:03
My general availability looks like this:

Mondays and Tuesdays are good after 10.00 PDT - 9.00 is too early as I need time to get home after work.

Wednesdays and Thursdays are generally bad - Wednesday is our gaming evening, and on Thursdays I'm usually roped in to work overtime.

Friday trough Sunday is always fluid, it depends on the program of the particular weekend in question.

This week I'm good on Friday after 10.00 PDT and on Sunday any time in the morning (Pacific Time late afternoon and onwards would mean pulling an all-nighter in the CEST zone, which I'd avoid if possible).

musungu
May 4th, 2016, 19:09
Guys, I'm off till next Wednesday, but I'm all good after that.

Regall Dorn
May 5th, 2016, 00:45
I will be out of town from the 6th to the 14th myself

musungu
May 25th, 2016, 17:10
Hey Hurske,

Would you mind giving us a quick status update? Is this thing still on?