PDA

View Full Version : Effects still mind

remocarde
April 19th, 2016, 15:26
I have not been able to figure it out for effects like still mind. I am trying to create an effect that will incorporate still mind. Still mind provides a resistance of +2 versus enchantments. Has anyone done this? There are many different effects out there that provide similar effects that have conditions like +4 vs bull rush and so forth. Has anyone compiled a library of all these effects?

Blackfoot
April 19th, 2016, 16:23
Specific effects can't really be created for all cases. FG doesn't really know what an enchantment spell is or what bull rush is. You have to add a modifier or a 1 roll effect that just applies to the specific roll when the specific case arises.

remocarde
April 19th, 2016, 16:54
Specific effects can't really be created for all cases. FG doesn't really know what an enchantment spell is or what bull rush is. You have to add a modifier or a 1 roll effect that just applies to the specific roll when the specific case arises.

So basically specific effects such as the ones listed, adding a modifier would the only way. Now for instance the +4 versus bull rush would be easier to make a -4 modifier to the attack? How would u add a modifier for AC in the modifier section?

Blackfoot
April 19th, 2016, 17:55
Ultimately, running a game is all about the end result, not how you get there... so it's important to get the right results in a way that's most efficient for you to manage. From the GM side.. you can apply modifiers or effects .. generally it's easier to add a modifier. From the player's side.. a lot of times you want to send a message as to where that penalty or modification is coming from... so one roll effects are good because they create a notification... another way to do this.. (which I use all the time).. is to use /mod
An example of this is 'firing into melee'.. in pf you take a -4 to hit for firing into melee... I do this as
/mod -4 Firing into Melee
I then drag this text to a hotkey and rename it so it 'looks pretty' for me. I hit that hotkey and it adds the modifier.. with the text.. when i make my next roll.
For Stability.. the dwarven ability to avoid bullrush.. i might do (assuming that the GM tells me i'm about to be bull rushed) an effect to add to myself
Stability;CMD:4
and make that a one roll effect.. of course it might be easier for the GM just to put a -4 on his attack roll in that instance... both ways work.. it's about which feels smoother in play.