PDA

View Full Version : Using Image Masks and Mask Files

xguild
April 18th, 2016, 12:45
MODERATOR: Moved to House of Healing

I'm trying to get my head around how this system works. I very often find I have to have my campaign files on a USB as I often move my campaign from my laptop to my main PC. The one effect of that move is that I seem to sometimes loose my connection between my mask file and my map.

Is there some way to reconnect a mask image and an image so that you don't have to re-create the mask if you accidently lose it somehow. I mean the mask file seems to remain in the library, but its not connected to the drawing so Im curious how the connection works so that perhaps I can reconnect them.

damned
April 18th, 2016, 13:39
If you copy your whole campaign folder it should copy the masks as well...?

Nylanfs
April 18th, 2016, 14:03
Yes, I believe the masking info is stored in your campaign database file. Just copy the campaign folder to your USB and then copy it onto the other computer.

Callum
April 18th, 2016, 17:48
It is possible to reconnect a mask image to an image by editing the db.xml of the campaign. In the <images> section, find the image in question, copy in a masked image link line from another image that has a mask attached, and then change the mask file name to match the correct mask for this image. Save the file, and open up your campaign.

Make a copy of your db.xml file as a backup before you do this, just in case!

xguild
April 19th, 2016, 14:44
Got it guys, thanks!