PDA

View Full Version : Effects parser syntax for npc sheet

Octavious
April 18th, 2016, 02:46
hi, I'm looking for information for all the types of syntax sentences that the 5e rules use to parse the npc sheets.
Also I cant figure out what the syntax is to add an advantage on strength rolls into the npc sheet.. I can make them and drag them into the npc once it is in the combat tracker but I would like to have it already in the NPC sheet and have FG add the advantage on its own ..

thanks in advance ..

Zacchaeus
April 18th, 2016, 12:02
There isn't such a list. There's some information here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Combat_Tracker#DM_View_Action_Entry_Example) but the best method of discovery is to look at the NPCs in the Monster Manual and if you mouse over the text in their actions anything that will par5e will highlight. Mainly these will be attack and damage rolls and saving throws. FG will also par5e resistances, ongoing damage, regeneration and recharging of certain limited actions. Any effects caused by the NPC such as poisoning, knocking prone etc will also par5e.

Getting an advantage on a save isn't something that will be picked up by the par5er for NPCs so you'd have to do that manually either by creating an effect in the CT or by clicking on the ADV button before making the roll.

Octavious
April 18th, 2016, 17:40
ok thank you for the info.