PDA

View Full Version : LFP Curse of Strahd; Wednesdays

cyphus5
April 17th, 2016, 17:13
Hey all,
I'm looking to start a Curse of Strahd campaign on Wednesday evenings, starting April 27 at 8:30 PM CST. My work schedule is a little weird. For the most part we will be able to play for four weeks in a row, and followed by four weeks off. This weird schedule is due to rotating shifts at my work. I can also run the game on Tuesdays or Thursdays if that works better for all interested players, but it will affect the start date. I know some people like to play in Adventurer's League games on Wednesdays.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1909
FG License: Standard License
Game System: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Day of week and time: Wednesdays at 8:30 PM CST. Will usually run probably about 3 hours, but it can be less if that is what the group wants.
Planned Start Date: April 27th
Planned Frequency: See Above.
Term: For the duration of the module.

Communication Method: Teamspeak Community Server
Number of Players: 4+
Starting Level: 1st Level.
Character restrictions: None, but keep in mind that some races might be met with fear or suspicion in Barovia, the region in which Curse of Strahd takes place.

As I said above, this will be Curse of Strahd, which is a Gothic Horror setting. The characters will start at first level, but I will not shoehorn the party into doing the introductory adventure Death House. I'll run this game very much in a sandbox style format, so the party is welcome to ignore it. That said, I don't plan to pull many punches if you get in over your head. I'm using a few house rules, but not many. This game will use the Slow Natural Healing variant from the DMG, and I will be using a modified version of the Lingering Injuries Table when someone suffers a Critical Hit or drops to Dying. Feel free to ask any questions below and I'll try my best to answer.

Acehigh
April 17th, 2016, 20:59
I'm interested

bhalverson
April 17th, 2016, 21:47
I too am interested :)

Mountain time
-10-15 years of D&D + Pathfinder experience
-Running Rise of the Runelords on Saturday nights as a DM; experienced speaker and Roleplayer.
-Firm believer in the Rule of Fun
-Play Style: Flexible. Been wanting to try a Sword n' Board, but am always willing to play whatever fits the party best.
-Qualities: Witty, Personable, Welcoming of all personalities unless they bring pain to others (vengeance will be mine!!), Wanting to make friends over FG; made a couple in the past and they have been great long term allies, Firm believer in following your characters Roleplay / background, and Lastly I despise Metagaming and Power-Housing.
-Flaws: I'm still learning the rules of 5th edition so I might flop from time to time and may need assistance in understanding a rule, but overall am a knowledge sponge when it comes to D&D/Pathfinder.

Cheers,
Blair

EDIT: Preferred Group - I personally am 26 and seek a 21+ year old group. I sometimes will occasionally slip a colorful word into RP or general chat.

keeperofsouls
April 18th, 2016, 03:46
Any chance you can run this Tuesday?

cyphus5
April 19th, 2016, 16:05
Any chance you can run this Tuesday?

It's a possibility as I said before if the group is welcome to it. Maybe Acehigh and bhalverson can reply with their availability on Tuesdays?

Acehigh
April 20th, 2016, 00:37
I'm only available on Wednesdays

Nevet33
April 20th, 2016, 01:36
I am interested in getting out from behind the screen some on fantasy grounds. Let me know how to contact you and apply.

CyberDefect
April 20th, 2016, 03:04
I am interested, I have a second player as well that would be joining us. I can do Tuesdays if that is the group preference.

Please PM me for details.

Thawing
April 20th, 2016, 05:54
I applied on the game calendar and Tuesdays would be good for me.

keeperofsouls
April 20th, 2016, 16:15
Nice I have been playing 5th dnd since release and have a year exp on fantasy grounds as well. I love co-op play and roll playing. I try to stay in 1 or 2 games as a player and DM as may games as I can with out losing my Mojo. I love DMing and Playing Equally but the creating energy needed for DMing dies if I try to run to many games a week. The only classes I haven't played yet are Barbarian (if I did he would do more then drink and bash stuff a creatively boring roll playing to me) and a wizard. Oh the elusive wizard! I am rule savy being able to quote most off the top of my head but will always bend to the DM (there only a guide lines after all). I love teaching new players and bringing to them the best Dnd experience I can offer. I am willing to creating any character that will help us players live through the campaign.

I am here if you need any help. Coordination or if someone needs to create a character ahead of time but doesn't have the rules or needs help please send me a PM.

Akituln
April 21st, 2016, 11:08
I would love to play, Im available on any time. Frelligrin Mountain Dwarf Battlerager. He likes his women like he likes his ale, stout and bitter.Hard as the Mountain that bore him. They say Rocky was based off him, and like Rocky... His brain isnt all there. So like the mountain, His head has caverns of space with bats flying in it and rocks. But Honour in oneself and defender of the weak is held close to heart of this NG character.

cyphus5
April 22nd, 2016, 01:39
Thanks everyone for your interest! Some of you guys have responded to the thread, but haven't signed up at the game calendar page link below. Please sign up to make it easier on me. I've also decided to continue with Wednesdays as the day for playing each week. Any other questions?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1909

shukensha
April 26th, 2016, 07:01
I can only hope for a warforged, or changeling, but I take it that they're not approved for this setting? And or the fact that the supplemental is out but not the full eberon book. Thank you for considering me, I'm the other Cyber was talking about. I enjoy the fact I'm not playing a wild magic sorcerer.

JoEcheva
April 27th, 2016, 00:35
Signed up on the calendar. Want to try out Human Paladin. Never used FG before. I am 29 years old and schedule is very flexible since I am out of work.

cyphus5
April 27th, 2016, 00:53
I can only hope for a warforged, or changeling, but I take it that they're not approved for this setting? And or the fact that the supplemental is out but not the full eberon book. Thank you for considering me, I'm the other Cyber was talking about. I enjoy the fact I'm not playing a wild magic sorcerer.

Yeah, Warforged doesn't really fit the setting. As for the Changeling, I'm just saying no on it because its Unearthed Arcana material. I'm sorry, but I haven't time to read it up to compare its balance. Just stick with the PHB or Elemental Companion races. And you don't have to play a Wild Magic Sorcerer...lol. Shukensha, can you add yourself to the game calendar again? I accidentally deleted you when I was cleaning out inactive players.

cyphus5
April 27th, 2016, 00:57
Signed up on the calendar. Want to try out Human Paladin. Never used FG before. I am 29 years old and schedule is very flexible since I am out of work.

Hey, I appreciate the interest. I'll keep you in mind for future games, but the campaign is up to six players already. I'll give you a shout if someone backs out.

JoEcheva
April 27th, 2016, 00:58
Hey, I appreciate the interest. I'll keep you in mind for future games, but the campaign is up to six players already. I'll give you a shout if someone backs out.

Not a problem man, you know how to contact me. Good luck and have fun!!

Wildkat
April 27th, 2016, 03:35
Ninja monk Shadow would also like to apply for this campaign. Hopefully you guys still have room. Let me know.

Akituln
April 27th, 2016, 05:17
I was listed as active now im deleted?

shukensha
April 27th, 2016, 05:54
Yeah, Warforged doesn't really fit the setting. As for the Changeling, I'm just saying no on it because its Unearthed Arcana material. I'm sorry, but I haven't time to read it up to compare its balance. Just stick with the PHB or Elemental Companion races. And you don't have to play a Wild Magic Sorcerer...lol. Shukensha, can you add yourself to the game calendar again? I accidentally deleted you when I was cleaning out inactive players.

No Problemo and that works, when you get time if you want to look over the simplified release, I really always love changelings. Though that's more in a textual RP I suppose.

I'll go with a tiefling barbarian then, It was my first 5E character and I admit, I loved the concept a bit too much.

As far as the Wild Magic sorcerer, I was more talking about having played that in an IRL game, I set a forest on fire and turned into an invisible blue sheep due to 4 rolls on the table because of shenanigans and DM discretion, it was amusing.

The Soose
April 28th, 2016, 02:57
I am interested in joining. I have ts and skype and have played various rpg systems like pathfinder and 4e and 5e and 3.5e.