PDA

View Full Version : Balance Disturbed Adventure Module Published on DMsG

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2016, 19:31
Now available on the DMsGuild!
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/180749/Balance-Disturbed-BDC1

Burning Destiny Campaign
The Burning Destiny Campaign (BDC) is an adventure story designed to take a party from first level all the way through legendary events and the end of their adventuring career (20th level). The campaign is designed to allow for flexibility, allowing the DM to insert additional adventures between BDC modules but also can be used as the sole source for adventure and character experience. The modules also attempt to address alternative party actions, i.e. when the characters take a course of action not foreseen or contrary to the expected plot line.
The Burning Destiny Campaign is a story arc that takes the characters through a series of heroic quests starting with the shattering of the peaceful Riverlands Kingdom, a war that threatens the realms, and culminating with the characters taking sides in a battle of divine rivalries.

Balance Disturbed Adventure
Module 1 in the Burning Destiny Campaign
The Riverlands Kingdom is a peaceful place. Generations ago it was a thriving and rich trading empire. Now it is a sleepy region of farms and a few craftsmen. Dotted with villages and a few towns along the numerous rivers, protected by a wall of rugged mountains, a wild forest and a vast steppe, little of note occurs here from generation to generation.
All that is about to be shattered, an ancient evil has arisen and undertakes to bring wrath and destruction to the Riverlands in a pledge to conquer the rivers and kill those who reside between them.
The peace is about to be shattered, the harmony destroyed, the balance disturbed.

This adventure includes;

Balance Disturbed Adventure Module (21 pages)

7 custom NPC/Creatures
2 new items
1 new spell

Burning Destiny Campaign Backgrounds (12 pages)

12 original Backgrounds woven into the Burning Destiny Campaign storyline

3 original battle maps in multple formats

VTT ready formats (reduced file size with no grid lines)
High Resolution print ready with a grid overlay

Reviews and comments welcomed and encouraged.

FYI, yes an FG version of this has already been developed. I am awaiting Smiteworks being able to give permission to post DMsG content in their store. I would rather wait to be able to post it here and help support FG, I hope you can be patient along with me.

Thanks,
~Dan

damned
April 17th, 2016, 09:58
Nice job Dan! Good luck with it!

Mask_of_winter
April 17th, 2016, 10:28
Congratulations!

LordEntrails
April 17th, 2016, 22:00
Thanks guys :) And thanks to whomever it is that have already purchased it.

LordEntrails
April 19th, 2016, 20:17
FYI, thanks to another DMsG author (Dave Zajac (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?author=Dave%20Zajac), check out his very high quality work), I've learned how to enable previews of the pdf content. So you can now get a low res view of all 21 pages and a high res of the campaign outline and first encounter.

Plus you can see an independent review at the Jilted Quill (https://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?483356-The-Jilted-Quill-DMs-Guild-Reviews-Updated-on-Mondays&p=6878603&viewfull=1#post6878603) on ENWorld.

LordEntrails
July 18th, 2016, 22:07
I have now uploaded and included the Fantasy Grounds modules, one for the adventure and one for the custom backgrounds.

If you would like to provide a thorough critical review of the PDF or FG version, please PM me and I will send you a complimentary copy.

ddavison
July 18th, 2016, 22:29
Great work LordEntrails!

Seya
July 18th, 2016, 23:46
Awesome thanks. Will this be added to steam also? I'm so excited for this I have been looking forward to an epic campaign

LordEntrails
July 19th, 2016, 00:02
I don't believe the DMsG modules will be available through Steam, but I'm not sure. Doug might be able to answer that.

If you purchase it through the DMsG ($1USD) you will have the options to download it as a PDF and the maps, or you can also download the two .mod files. These are the FG modules. Just add these to your FG data folder/Modules and then in a 5E campaign you can then access them through your library.

Seya
July 19th, 2016, 13:40
What is the time frame on the module releases? If I was to run this campaign when would the next be released?

LordEntrails
July 19th, 2016, 16:28
Hi Seya, I'm looking to have the next module ready at the end of August. I already have the campaign story line etched out and the next module fairly well detailed but am finalizing story elements and then I have to do the maps (the part that intimidates me the most).

Admittedly, I haven't gotten any feedback of anyone running it yet (and the group I created it never happened), so I haven't been in a hurry to finish it. Let me know if you do plan to run it and what your time frame needs are and I can see if that helps spur me on to greater efforts.

Thanks!

Zerbious
October 16th, 2016, 18:01
I have now uploaded and included the Fantasy Grounds modules, one for the adventure and one for the custom backgrounds.

If you would like to provide a thorough critical review of the PDF or FG version, please PM me and I will send you a complimentary copy.

A nice gesture, but for $1, I just purchased myself a copy. I also plan to use it in showing off FG with material I know that people haven't seen before.

I have friends that uses Roll20 and I want to introduce them to FG... and hopefully get them to make the switch.

LordEntrails
October 17th, 2016, 01:53
Let me know what you think.

I'll soon be releasing version 2 with some new art and some corrections and playability improvements. I've been waiting for the feedback from FG Con and for FG v3.2 to be released.

LordEntrails
December 2nd, 2016, 20:46
Ok, version 2 has just been uploaded and is available. Took longer than expected, in part because of a great deal of playability enhancements and suggestions from FG-Con 9 and because of the effort involved in incorporating a huge amount of new artwork. Especially 19 original, professional, and if I may say awesome images from our own Hermundure.

The FG module has been updated to 3.2.1 to include the sorting functions and the custom spell support.

Thanks go out to everyone who provided feedback at FG-Con and elsewhere. Special thanks to Hermundure for the artwork and Nickademus for his insightful and critical reviews.