PDA

View Full Version : Nag: I'd really like to purchase FG modules of DDEX seasons 1-3.

ffujita
April 14th, 2016, 06:42
I know that it's "in the works" and will come out "real soon now."

But, I want you to take my money. Just saying.

Minty23185Fresh
April 15th, 2016, 04:42
Have you considered importing from .pdfs? If I'm not mistaken most if not all of those modules are available in .pdf format. For large modules like Princes of the Apocolypse that can be daunting (especially since you need to scan it to .pdf first). But for the smaller Adventurers League modules it's not nearly as problematic. Scan in the maps, maybe attach the descriptive links, and add the few specialized NPCs and you'd be ready to go.

ffujita
April 15th, 2016, 05:01
Of course, I *could* do that. But, I also could have entered in the monsters from the monster manual by hand too. :) You present a perfectly valid option, I'm just asking for someone else to do the work for me.

Minty23185Fresh
April 15th, 2016, 05:03
Griogre also provides a pretty good explanation:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30350-If-I-want-to-buy-DDNext-PDFs-and-convert-to-FG

Minty23185Fresh
April 15th, 2016, 05:13
Fair enough. Some of us have time, some of us don't. I too have been waiting for these to come out, but I'm a bit pessimistic.. I suspect as more stuff is pushed out by WotC, older items such as these will keep getting pushed to the wayside. I'm not going to hold my breath any longer... (BTW, I hope I'm wrong!)

Nylanfs
April 15th, 2016, 13:07
You know, you could talk to Doug about making them as a freelancer, then get a small revenue stream. :)

spite
April 15th, 2016, 22:31
You know, you could talk to Doug about making them as a freelancer, then get a small revenue stream. :)

I'd totally do the crap out of that. I have every DD module and would make them all. I just don't know if Smiteworks has the rights to that or not, what with DMsguild selling the older content now.
DD, perhaps you can weigh in on that?

xanstin
April 15th, 2016, 22:48
I believe FSHSchmo said they are all ready and parsed but they are awaiting approval.

As David said, we currently have all the AL modules built and ready to go, just need the green light :D You can find DDEX3-1 and DDEX3-2 in the FG store for free with a purchase or $1 donation.

ffujita
June 1st, 2016, 16:09
So, are we still awaiting approval or has a red light been given? If they aren't going to be offered, I guess I'll have to become un-lazy.

JohnD
June 1st, 2016, 21:40
Up to season 3 is available on the DMs Guild for purchase. Nothing about FG versions as far as I've see though other than what has already been mentioned here.

FSHSchmo
June 3rd, 2016, 23:39
I believe FSHSchmo said they are all ready and parsed but they are awaiting approval.

That is correct, we have them ready to go, just need the green light :D

JohnD
June 4th, 2016, 00:57
Does anyone need a can of green paint?

Varsuuk
June 4th, 2016, 03:58
FSHSchmo:

If only it was up to me...

PS: Hey, how about one of the modules as a consolation prize for my missing 2 out of 3 events in FGCon8 due to absent DMs (I'd have to look to see which ones, but one was Suits in Mist other what a DDAL3 (later lvl 1-4 one) ... I waited and waited... ;) (I'd even pay for it, can make donation to some charity you guys support if paying isn't allowed)

;)

Yup, been waiting on these a while now :(