PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Books for Fantasy grounds.

kaffien
April 14th, 2016, 01:33
Will they ever give Pathfinder the same treatment taht D&D 5th got for fantasy grounds?
I love how the books interact with each other and wish Pathfinder worked the same way.

damned
April 14th, 2016, 13:55
Paizo havent wanted to license their products. Write to Paizo as well and let them know. The more they hear that players want their products on Fantasy Grounds the better chance that they might agree.

kaffien
April 18th, 2016, 18:24
I will write them about. one more chip in the barrel. However, I noticed they have a licensed section. https://paizo.com/pathfinder/licensed . Now to find the contact us link.

kaffien
April 18th, 2016, 18:38
I wrote to [email protected]. If there is direct channel to be used I requested that contact information.
I hope they see that D&D 5th is operating without competition and don't allow it.

Fantasy Grounds is big enough to justify licensing. I hope they see that as well one day soon.

damned
April 19th, 2016, 02:39
I wrote to [email protected]. If there is direct channel to be used I requested that contact information.
I hope they see that D&D 5th is operating without competition and don't allow it.

Fantasy Grounds is big enough to justify licensing. I hope they see that as well one day soon.

I emailed them too!

hawkwind
April 19th, 2016, 07:38
it would be nice but there is enough stuff out there imported in to Fan made modules, herolab compatibility and tools for importing stat blocks that you can play/run pathfinder in Fantasy grounds without spending a penny beyond the cost of FG

kaffien
April 19th, 2016, 17:20
Are the fan made modules legal?
Lastly can you slap together a character with drag and drop pretty much?

I'd still buy the core books at the very least. It's insane what they've done with D&D 5th modules. It works so well
and streamlined etc.

That being said where does one get said fan based modules such as a decent bestiary with tokens?

jshauber
April 19th, 2016, 17:52
Anything that is covered by the OGL is allowed to be made and shared in module form. So the Bestiaries are quite good but as you say there are no linked tokens since the art work is covered by a copyright. You have to find/make/buy tokens and add them when you create the encounters.

Also since all the modules/adventure paths are not OGL those have to be manually entered.

Frankly I would be surprised to see Pazio change thinking at this point.

kaffien
April 19th, 2016, 17:54
I'd pay the money for that in a heart beat. I have some money, but very little time.

Nylanfs
April 19th, 2016, 19:19
Also since all the modules/adventure paths are not OGL those have to be manually entered.

Not quite true, the story elements, specific locations / entities, maps etc are not OGC. But you could create everything needed to run a voice game minus the maps and images. Now granted it's wouldn't be AS useful... :)

hawkwind
April 20th, 2016, 07:23
there are also quite a few good pathfinder third party adventures in the Fantasy grounds store for purchase. The Adventure a week modules form a couple of adventure paths

kaffien
April 20th, 2016, 21:23
I did recieve some info about pathfinder joining the digital world, however so far its not that encouraging.

" Kaffien,

While I can’t address your specific request at this moment, we are actively expanding Pathfinder licenses for digital toolsets. In the past few months, we’ve announced that we’re bringing Pathfinder content to Realmworks (Lone Wolf Development Announces Pathfinder License for Realm Works) and Playbook (Trapdoor Technologies Announces License to Create Playbook App for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game), and I am confident that we’ll have additional developments in this area in the coming months.

-Vic Wertz
Paizo Inc.
https://paizo.com/"

Unfortunately, realmworks is just campaign management and the other app is apple only. It's good to see that they ARE licensing.
Keep writing them, who knows!