PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check: Shackled City AP Fantasy Grounds Sundays (Pathfinder)

DMReckless
April 13th, 2016, 21:47
Checking on Player Interest in playing “Pathfinder-ized” Shackled City Adventure Path via Fantasy Grounds on Sunday afternoons. I have an “Ultimate” FG license so players would not need to have one.

Shackled City is a compilation Adventure Path set in the city of Cauldron on the world of Greyhawk. It includes dungeon, city-based, overland, and political themes, mostly centered around Cauldron and its environs.

PCs should be heroes (LG, NG, CG, or LN), will start at first level, and should be linked to the campaign with a campaign trait. A strong sense of teamwork and cooperative character building would also be highly encouraged.

I will probably be using array-based stats rather than point buy. I will consider the possibility of using gestalt.

Game could be either text-based or voip-based with box text for some things. I will likely be taking advantage of Fantasy Grounds’ language programming to “speak” in foreign tongues.

I am looking for a mid-May starting time.

This interest inquiry has been posted both on Paizo Forums and Fantasy Grounds Forums.

FG Forum Formatted:

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Pathfinder (possibly Gestalt, some Unchained &/or House Rules)

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day of week and time: Sunday Afternoons
Planned start date: May 15th or 22nd
Planned Frequency: Three Weeks On, One Week Off
Term: Long term.

Text or Voice: tbd
Voice software used: tbd

Roleplay & Combat mix: Probably 40-60 or so closer to 50-50 with good participation on part of players
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 3-5 consistent players
Character starting level & equipment: 1
Character restrictions: Greyhawk-based characters

Details of your scenario: see above

RustyAngel
April 13th, 2016, 22:53
Sounds interesting, but alas I already have game going on Sunday afternoons. Hope it fills up :).

Mortar
April 14th, 2016, 00:43
Depending on what time you run on that I am interested, I am on Atlantic time so one hour ahead of you.

DMReckless
April 14th, 2016, 00:46
Tentatively, I am thinking 1-5 pm EST, but I am flexible; I will be taking a banking job in 2 weeks and will be free on Sundays and merely wish to structure it for the afternoons when I know my wife will be working most Sundays

DMReckless
April 14th, 2016, 00:50
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F5ylSNjo4AO211TQgIy6uX0V2ij_uynEpgVPWefKB5g/edit?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.irw4n64eua2d

is another Paizo board member's Players guide often used for this campaign. It will give good information on the environs and perhaps stir some ideas about types of characters. I will need to examine and/or tweak campaign traits, I'm sure.

Vhok
April 14th, 2016, 04:03
i'm interested pm sent

gaara6666
April 14th, 2016, 06:41
Pm also sent from me

DMReckless
April 14th, 2016, 19:13
Thanks for the interest guys. I've got some the recruitment information posted at:

https://paizo.com/campaigns/FGShackledCity#newPost

You may post here or on the Paizo boards. If you have access to the Paizo boards, it is my preference that you post there, on this thread:

https://paizo.com/campaigns/FGShackledCity/recruiting

gaara6666
April 14th, 2016, 22:55
I prefer to post here since I have email alerts setup here

Name: Saladar Bach

Human Rogue/Brawler

alignment: Neutral Good

Traits heavy hitter (other), Scion of Surabar (campaign), Reactionary (background trait)

Bonus feat: Alertness

Format for Background Rolls

Step One- Homeland, Family, Childhood
(Race) Homeland: 1d100 ⇒ 26 Town or Village: You gain access to the Militia Veteran regional trait.
(Race)Parents: 1d100 ⇒ 47 Both of your parents are alive.
(Race)Siblings: 1d100 ⇒ 1d2 siblings. With two siblings, you gain access to the Kin Guardian combat trait. (2)
Circumstance of Birth: 1d100 ⇒ 100 The Omen: The sages, priests, or wizards of your society decreed your birth an omen of a coming age or event—perhaps you are an omen of promise, perhaps one of dark times ahead. You gain access to the Omen faith trait. (NOT KIDDING I ROLLED A 100 AND DID A SPIT TAKE )
Parents’ Profession: 1d100 ⇒ 19 Serfs/Peasants: You gain access to the Poverty- Stricken social trait.
Major Childhood Event: 1d100 ⇒ 30 Died: You died, or came so close to death that you walked the boundary between the realms of the living and the dead. Having passed from life's domain once, you have a unique perspective on life, perhaps even a greater appreciation for it—or maybe your experience caused you to reject all trivial things, focusing only on matters of true import. You gain access to the Fearless Defiance faith trait and the Arisen story feat.

Step Two-Adolescence and Training
(Rogue) Background: 1d100 ⇒ 51 The Trained: Your early talent for feats of agility and acrobatics garnered you an experienced mentor. Impressed by your natural ability, this mentor taught you how to fight, dodge, and throw. He may have been a master thief, circus performer, fencing master, or swashbuckling pirate. You gain access to the Mentored social trait.
Influential Associate: 1d100 ⇒ 40 The Liege Lord: You became close with someone you were bound to serve, be it a minor lord or lady, master (in the case of a slave), prince or princess, king or queen. Though this person held power over you, she held you closer than a subject or servant. As a result, you're used to dealing with and being close to power, and your name is known among the ranks of the privileged. You gain access to the Influence social trait.
Romantic Relationships: 1d20 ⇒ 4 A few significant relationships

Additional Rolls:
Make any additional required rolls after the above rolls. You may do this in a separate post or modify your post after rolling the above. Do not change the order of the rolls above, as doing so on Paizo’s website modifies the results.
Number of Siblings 1d2 ⇒ 2

Siblings(Roll For Each Sibling): 1d100 ⇒ 77 sibling younger
Siblings(Roll For Each Sibling): 1d100 ⇒ 22 sibling older

Conflict: 6= Negligence ->subject 11= Scoundrel=-> Motivation 2= Love -> Resolution = Mixed Feelings cp 3

No diety

romantic Relationships 4 A Few Significant Relationships: You've tried to make deep connections with individuals on several occasions, but it's never worked out.

relationship with fellow adventurers 49 Romantic competitors, current or former

Character drawback 28 Loyalty: You value loyalty over all things. You treasure the friends, associates, and lovers you have earned throughout the years, and when someone breaks your trust or betrays you in some way, you become utterly unhinged. You gain access to the Pride drawback.

DMReckless
April 14th, 2016, 23:40
Posting here is fine, thanks! Got your PM too.

DMReckless
April 15th, 2016, 00:25
redacted

DMReckless
April 15th, 2016, 00:30
so far...
NenkotaMoon Artix Pavel elven cavalier-ranger
Overlord_laharl Ben Rice human rogue -wizard
Simon Dragonar Sorin human bard-rogue
Pokeapache Beyla Rodric human brawler-paladin
Bob Reilly Saladar Bach human brawler-rogue
Lokiel ?? half-orc gunslinger-ranger

plus...
The Pale King
Newbonomicon
Junelee
Vhok

gaara6666
April 15th, 2016, 00:45
WOW heh...NOBODY decided to go a healer class....now I almost want to roll up a oracle of life/bard heh

DMReckless
April 15th, 2016, 21:35
Vhok- Tried replying to your PM, but it says your PM box is full of unread messages. Here was my response:

seems like your game is very full but if you have room i'm interested in playing a crossbow bolt ace gunslinger archtype. human

I'll be picking 6 players for the game, and there will be more applicants than that, but that's why we have recruitment threads- to get a good selection of people. Please do submit your character, after looking at the campaign info tab for details on the recruitment timeline and character creation expectations.

Vhok
April 15th, 2016, 22:44
ahh I've been clearing my messages but I have to clear sent and received separately so I had too many sent messages saved opps.