PDA

View Full Version : Mindjammer interest?

graz
April 13th, 2016, 15:17
Hello All,

Firstly, I've been a Fantasy Ground customer for MANY years but I've never used it in actual play. I've been tinkering with it and I'm prepared to get it figured out in the next several days.

I have been planning a huge Shadowrun story for a couple of years but I've recently discovered Mindjammer and I'm looking for interested people.

My stories are long and subtle. The players have an enormous impact in my worlds and face an equivalent threat. I don't ever "go after" my players but if they have the power to affect the galaxy - I expect them to know they aren't the only ones.

A buddy of mine used to joke about my style with a narrative that went something like "I am THOMAS.....I am a FARMER!!!!" (Thomas unleashes a +12 swipe with his rake that takes your brain and throws it across the room).

I've never been that bad but, you know, be smart. If you swagger into a bar and try to kiss the bouncer, the bouncer is going to put you on the floor. It's his room and that's his gig....I mean, right?

So I'm very attracted to the setting in Mindjammer. I want to take my Shadowrun saga and transplant it into a universe where the mystery, action and drama can be drawn into a huge setting that will mix Space Opera with Science Fiction where the players will look back over season 1 and think "Wow....that really was all part of one big thing".

Initially the players will begin as part of Sci Force - impressed into service as part of an eminent domain action taken by the Commonality.

Race, Career, Profession is totally open.

Ideally I would like to meet for the first time this weekend or next. Character generation is a group activity. I will accept people if the team isn't large enough after the initial date but your characters will be a mix of pre-gen and input from this forum.

FG License: I just have the normal license for now.
Game System: Mindjammer (Fate)

Time Zone: Central, USA
Day of week and time: I would enjoy Friday or Saturday evenings
If new game, planned start date: 4/15 or 4/16 if possible
Planned Frequency: Every other week with short sub-sessions per character on alternating weeks as needed
Term:LONG term

Text or Voice: Voice is preferred with text peppered in as a tool
Voice software used: Teamspeak or Hangout - I can set up anything that's common to the players

Roleplay & Combat mix: Any and all although I tend to run large scale quickly to focus on character effect.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6 would be great
Character starting level & equipment: Characters will be assumed to be standard depending on first session
Character restrictions: None

Details of your scenario: I dig the over-arching years-long plots of series like Doctor Who. I do try to split my plots into "seasons" but one plot may start to track in during the middle/end of the preceding plot.

Black Hammer
April 13th, 2016, 15:30
Sounds nifty, pity it's smack in the middle of my work day.

graz
April 13th, 2016, 15:36
You work those evenings? I'm not promising anything but what does your Saturday-day and Sunday look like?

Black Hammer
April 13th, 2016, 16:25
You work those evenings? I'm not promising anything but what does your Saturday-day and Sunday look like?

I work 4AM to noon EST (GMT-5) the following day, so that's when I have to sleep.

Rimne
April 13th, 2016, 17:10
I'd love to join. I'll send you a PM shortly.

Raz_Kabooz
April 13th, 2016, 20:33
I too would like to join. I sent a PM, let me know if you should need anything.

- Raz

graz
April 13th, 2016, 21:02
Awesome on both - welcome aboard. A couple more and we'll have a game.

Hector Trelane
April 13th, 2016, 21:07
I too would like to join. I sent a PM, let me know if you should need anything.

- Raz

Awesome on both - welcome aboard. A couple more and we'll have a game.

I am interested on the condition that my friend Raz Kabooz buys the group takeout taxi for every session. (He asked what we needed!)

I am traveling this weekend but could be available the next.

graz
April 15th, 2016, 12:48
Let's schedule to start a week from tomorrow evening. I'll be putting up a site to pass around information and in-game updates. We'll also be able to round table character options online so that we can have that as close to complete as possible before next Saturday.

graz
April 21st, 2016, 12:29
Apologies to all but I'm going to have to put my game on hold at least until Summer. Work has put up some new projects that are going to greatly change my availability (and mental bandwidth when I'm not working).

When I get back to sane I will definitely post up another notice for Mindjammer.

Rimne
April 21st, 2016, 13:27
Sure thing Graz :)
Hope the new project proves fun.

Hector Trelane
April 21st, 2016, 16:29
Apologies to all but I'm going to have to put my game on hold at least until Summer. Work has put up some new projects that are going to greatly change my availability (and mental bandwidth when I'm not working).

When I get back to sane I will definitely post up another notice for Mindjammer.

We'll be here, with interest!

Initially the players will begin as part of Sci Force - impressed into service as part of an eminent domain action taken by the Commonality.

Race, Career, Profession is totally open.

For those of us getting oriented to the setting in the meantime, can you give us advice on what to read up on or how to narrow it? The game can be played in many ways and style, a bit broad for brainstorming a character concept. I'm wide open, myself, but am looking for sparks of inspiration that will be relevant (or at least in the ballpark) to what you envision.