PDA

View Full Version : Gathering a few players to start long term campaign

nix4
May 13th, 2005, 02:17
Greetings,

I've been working with Fantasy Grounds for a couple of weeks now and feel capable and interested in hosting games.

Spire of the Realms
=============
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting

I'm looking for a small bunch of mature dedicated players who are interested in developing their characters as they gain in level.

I have a web site that I host/develop myself at:
https://noxgeo.dyndns.org/spire/
(just a sketch at this time, but will host campaign data).

Anyone who is interested in a weekly/bi-weekly session please contact me at [email protected]

gurney9999
May 13th, 2005, 15:48
It's always good to put what days of the week/ times of day you are planning on running your games (or at least a range if you are open). You've got lots of timezones your dealing with here :D

nix4
May 13th, 2005, 16:25
It's always good to put what days of the week/ times of day you are planning on running your games (or at least a range if you are open). You've got lots of timezones your dealing with here :D

Ya that would make sense but lately I've had a rash of non-replies to all my forum posts so I'm not interested in hammering out times as I'm interested in gathering names first... THEN work out a time that best fits all interestested parties.

But for those of you who need times up front..how about ...

7pm - 11pm CST weekdays. Weekends possible but not preferred.

:P

richvalle
May 13th, 2005, 17:58
Man, I'd be all over this but I'm already commited to 2 games. 3 is just too much. :(

rv

KennyRules
May 13th, 2005, 21:50
I would like to as well, but i dont know if i can because i only have the demo.

Desdain
May 14th, 2005, 10:28
Sounds like you're going to have a neat game. I'm in the UK though and couldn't make those times. :(

Keep trying though! There's a lot of players and few GMs.

Des

Akallos
May 14th, 2005, 12:38
Actually, I was commenting to my wife that I may join a game besides our regular game with our old group, and she said 'I want in too!'.

So there you go, if you are still needing people, you have two players here.

richvalle
May 14th, 2005, 15:50
I would like to as well, but i dont know if i can because i only have the demo.

Nope... you need at least the lite version of the software. You can't connect with the demo software.

rv

PowerJ
May 14th, 2005, 22:13
Id love to get in on this.
At 7-11pm CST id be availble on either Tuesday or Friday nights, if either of those days works for everyone else count me in.

nix4
May 15th, 2005, 04:08
Sounds like you're going to have a neat game. I'm in the UK though and couldn't make those times. :(

Keep trying though! There's a lot of players and few GMs.

Des

ya that is rough, my wife is from the UK so I'm well aware of that.

Its quite possible that if there is enough time that a 2nd campaign could be started on like a sunday morning (which would start sunday afternoon for you UK people)...

But I gotta see how taxing this current campaign is...I could do the UK one as more of a loose free form campaign utilizing mostly pre-gen'd modules and random dungeons...which would be just as fun, just not as tailored..

nix4
May 15th, 2005, 04:09
Actually, I was commenting to my wife that I may join a game besides our regular game with our old group, and she said 'I want in too!'.

So there you go, if you are still needing people, you have two players here.

Shoot an email to [email protected] and well get the ball rolling.

I've already talked to 2 players and got them started on their character generation and as people get their backgrounds written up I should have the starting module ready, but I need to know whos playing first so I can get as much detail in on each player for the start..

nix4
May 15th, 2005, 04:11
Id love to get in on this.
At 7-11pm CST id be availble on either Tuesday or Friday nights, if either of those days works for everyone else count me in.

Another wisconsinite! good to see you here.

The schedule is currently looking like WED 7pm CST...so far thats the general concensus...

If thats do-able feel free to shoot me an email and well get you going.

SirRollioJonson
May 16th, 2005, 06:20
I'm in VA, but PowerJ is my bro...i wouldn't mind gettin on this.

I'm brand spankin new to this...so ya'll might have to help me out a little.

Not new to D&D, but I'm new to this program.

Nayr
May 17th, 2005, 00:24
Hey, I am interested in joining in on the game...though I need to know what the times would be in EST times...

richvalle
May 17th, 2005, 02:15
EST is one hour ahead of Central time. So if the game starts at 7 Central its 8 Eastern.

rv

nix4
May 17th, 2005, 13:51
I'm in VA, but PowerJ is my bro...i wouldn't mind gettin on this.

I'm brand spankin new to this...so ya'll might have to help me out a little.

Not new to D&D, but I'm new to this program.

I'm in the same boat, Im new to the software as well ...dont sweat it..this isnt a race and I'm sure well all have fun. As long as we keep the turns rotating and the monsters coming there will be XP for all!

[email protected]

nix4
May 17th, 2005, 13:56
If you haven't gotten in, we still have room.. This week and next week we still can get more players in!

We currently have a paladin
a cleric
and a wizard (NPC).

It will be better to get in early so you can establish senority and get the campaign more tailored to you (I will write more towards those who attend!).

If you cant make it much or cant make it now, dont fret...just hop in when you can and well get you setup.

[email protected]

dtrain
May 24th, 2005, 14:54
If you are still looking for players, Im down, wednesday nights work well for me. Just give me the details via PM.

Summerose
May 24th, 2005, 21:21
My husband and I are interestead. We don't have the software yet but we can get it. Just tell us what to do. :)

nix4
May 25th, 2005, 13:53
My husband and I are interestead. We don't have the software yet but we can get it. Just tell us what to do. :)

Well Met!

First you need at least the Lite version of the software to connect to the server.

Once you have the registered (and patched!) version you can connect up and play.

What I recommend to most players is that they draw up a character concept and make a local character in their software and submit the concept to me.

What I look for is potential character hooks (things I can write about and include the character in when writing the story) and what kind of character you have (which helps me design encounters, skill checks etc..).

I have received some very good backgrounds and after this FRI's game will be posted those who participate on our campaign web site.

https://noxgeo.dyndns.org/spire/

We also use Ventrilo for voice chat (hopefully, didn't use it the last 2 times because I didn't have it setup right). www.ventrilo.com if you are interested in having voice along with Fantasy Grounds.

We are getting allot of players, the rumor is spreading so I may split the mob into two...and run two seperate but related groups in the same camapaign (but dealng with different fronts of the story...).

Please visit the campaign web site for campaign background and character design house rules.

I hope that answers anyones questions and we'll see you in the Realms!

tahl_liadon
July 13th, 2005, 18:05
still recruiting?

plz shoot an email:

[email protected]

newbie :)

Hexagon
July 14th, 2005, 03:55
I would love to play.

[email protected]

Vortex2099
July 14th, 2005, 17:00
Email - [email protected]

If you need another player the times posted work great for me. Drop me an e-mail and let me know whether you want/need another player.

Thanks!
Ryan Moffitt