PDA

View Full Version : Error when trying to access image

jaelwyd
April 13th, 2016, 00:34
Everytime I try and open a particular map I get a blank map window and the following error:

Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Maps/Highmoon.jpg)

Any thoughts? This one confuses me because I never had a problem with images before and it is just a jpeg.

Thanks

damned
April 13th, 2016, 07:17
rename the file to something else and retry.

jaelwyd
April 13th, 2016, 12:58
Tried that. Same error different file name.

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2016, 13:33
The image should be in the folder images within the campaign folder. Not images/maps. How are you trying to open the image because if you open the images folder within FG then you won't see any folders called 'maps' or indeed any folder at all. Try putting your image in the images folder.

jaelwyd
April 13th, 2016, 19:23
All my images are organized in folders within the image folder. No they don't show up in fantasy grounds like that but it helps me keep track of what is in there. My other images open just fine in this way even images in the same subfolder as the problem image.

I will take it out of the maps folder and see what happens though.

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2016, 19:35
But the question remains how are you opening the image within Fantasy Grounds, since we are agreed that you can't open it from the images folder?

Andraax
April 13th, 2016, 22:32
It appears from the error message that it's saying it's not a valid image. Try loading it in GIMP (or something) and re-saving, possibly with some different settings. I have had problems loading images that used too many colors, for example...

And for Zacchaeus, you can store your images in sub-folders, works fine. I do it all the time.

Moon Wizard
April 13th, 2016, 23:09
This error message means that the image file could not be loaded by the image processing engine we are using. Try loading and teasing as new name from a graphics editing program like Gimp, Photoshop or Paint.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2016, 23:28
And for Zacchaeus, you can store your images in sub-folders, works fine. I do it all the time.

Heh, in testing this out (since I wasn't aware that you could put folders into the images folder within a campaign) I created a subfolder but stuck it in the campaign folder rather than in the images folder; so of course nothing showed up when I clicked on the images button. Hence my confusion.

So that's what I learned today :)