PDA

View Full Version : One Last Module Question - Shared Sheets with players

Casimir
April 12th, 2016, 19:54
The Module I've been working on has a lot of information for the DM / Keeper. However, rather than create a whole new Library Module just for the players, I've set up a common.xml file inside the Library Module with the information only the players can see. However, even when I force load the module to a player client (as in dragging the green eye icon - CoC Ruleset), it doesn't work. The player can see the Library Module in the Library, but when they open it (either by double-clicking or clicking and dragging it open), nothing shows up in the Library window.

However, if I actively share the sheet that's supposed to be available to the players from the DM / Keeper screen, immediately the players can then see it.

So, I have two questions.

Is there a way to sort of "force share" the sheet I want the players to be able to see so that I don't have to manually share the sheet with them every time?
Would it just be better to create a completely separate Library Module file that includes only the player sheet, both in the interest of file size and just simplicity of sharing the necessary Library Module data?

So, in case I'm not being as clear as I hope, my Library Module has the following sheets:

Introduction
Credits
Conversion Information
Keeper Notes
Player Notes

I want to share out to the players automatically (if possible) the Player Notes sheet without having to manually select Share Sheet in FG.

For some further information, the Player Notes data is included in BOTH the db.xml and common.xml. Should I only have it in the common.xml file?

Andraax
April 12th, 2016, 22:42
Is there a way to sort of "force share" the sheet I want the players to be able to see so that I don't have to manually share the sheet with them every time?

You don't have to share it with them each time. You share it once, and the players can continue to view it until you revoke sharing permissions.

damned
April 13th, 2016, 07:23
Create it as a separate module - and yes - sharing is persistent.

Casimir
April 13th, 2016, 14:42
Okay, actually I didn't realize sharing was persistent, and that does help - but is there no way to make the module automatically available to players without having to do that? Even if the module the sheet is in only has the definition.xml and the common.xml?

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2016, 15:26
If you create a module with all of the player details in it and have that module in the library with the green shared flag ticked the players can open it and see what is in it. It's an all or nothing proposition, either you share the whole module or you don't. You can't share part of a module in this way.

So your options are

1) create a separate player only module or
2) Create some kind of hybrid module and share the sheets you want the players to see within FG.

Casimir
April 13th, 2016, 15:34
Great Zacchaeus, thank you. For some reason I thought it was possible to create a module that was automatically available to players - your response cleared that up.

I appreciate everyone's comments and help!