PDA

View Full Version : Another Take on Ravenloft Maps

Koreapsu
April 12th, 2016, 13:32
A player in my CoS campaign decided to have a go at the Ravenloft maps after hearing my complaints about the isometric images in the module. I reckon he's done a great job so far, but obviously he's not ready to share yet as I only have the watermarked versions.

I wish I had artistic talent!

Mask_of_winter
April 12th, 2016, 13:41
Very nice! He's got talent.

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2016, 13:47
Very nice work.

Koreapsu
April 23rd, 2016, 00:50
I've seen a few more levels now and I think he's just fleshing it out with objects and doing lighting. It looks great.

Hopefully I can get some more to share this weekend.

Teknykk
April 25th, 2016, 01:07
They are quite something, that's for sure. I would think if Zacchaeus had the time to do up the maps in greater detail, they'd turn out to be something of this quality. At this time we have maps that are still very much usable however, though I would love to see a complete set of the maps, the same amount in the current pack, in this quality, as the lighting in particular seems to capture a rather suitable atmosphere. If your friend is not aware though, have him keep in mind the scale, which in comparison to the isometric maps, is ten feet per square on those, so the battle maps should appear larger than expected. That said, as a grateful DM running this adventure, please give my regards to him and my flag of support, as I would love to see these finished for the community.

Patou
May 4th, 2016, 14:37
Very nice!!

MTS
May 19th, 2016, 05:56
That is an awesome-looking map. I hope he shares more!

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2016, 08:45
I would think if Zacchaeus had the time to do up the maps in greater detail, they'd turn out to be something of this quality.

Just as an FYI if Zacchaeus had all the time in the world he wouldn't be able to produce stuff like this. :D

JeffKnight
May 19th, 2016, 13:09
Just as an FYI if Zacchaeus had all the time in the world he wouldn't be able to produce stuff like this. :D

Zacchaeus doesn't have all the time in the world? Well what in the nine hells has he been doing with all his time then?

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2016, 13:40
Zacchaeus doesn't have all the time in the world? Well what in the nine hells has he been doing with all his time then?

Well, according to my wife, wasting it sitting in front of my computer playing with my 'little men' and drawing 'silly maps'. :o

Koreapsu
June 21st, 2016, 02:20
Zacchaeus you do an awesome job and I've used plenty of your maps :)

Just an update too, the guy making these maps just sent me the completed maps and they are great. He works full time as an artist so other projects come in that help pay the bills and jump in front of D&D stuff in the queue. That said he's also made a bunch of Ravenloft styled random encounter maps too.

Anyway about his maps the last message I had today was "grand man thankyou, i will go public tonight or in the mornin."

So they aren't far off.

Koreapsu
June 22nd, 2016, 00:22
Here's the full set ready to go on DMsguild.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/185990/Castle-Ravenloft-hires-colour-jpg-maps

Again - I don't make these, they are made by a player in my Strahd campaign.

Patou
June 22nd, 2016, 21:22
Thank you!

Please tell your player he makes great maps! Lots of talent. Now i have too much selection ewllllllllll!!! From my I6 module to my 2nd edition House of Strahd to my Expedition to Castle Ravenloft to my Curse of Strahd and these wonderful maps from both Zacchaeus and G Jensen.

Thank you:)

rob2e
June 22nd, 2016, 21:55
I'm playing in MTS's game, so I hope he shares more as well. :)

hagrid70
June 25th, 2016, 04:26
thank you chap.