PDA

View Full Version : FG On the Go

siffud
April 11th, 2016, 02:01
Hey all,
I find myself often using different computers, and my main one is not a laptop, it's a desktop. That being said, I would like to be able to bring my campaign info around with me and edit it, add some stuff, etc., while I'm not at home. I'm also not SUPER great with computers. I know the basics, muddled with modding minecraft, etc., but nothing too intense. If there's a way to do it, can people help me figure out how to put FG and any important folders and files onto a portable hard drive?
Mostly what folders would I need to move over, and what would I have to do to make it work since I'm assuming you can't just run it like that even if you have all the files present.

damned
April 11th, 2016, 03:06
Hi siffud you would install FG and put your license and username etc in the other computer.
you would need to copy your /campaigns folder back and forth between computers
You can do this via usb drive or network or a cloud sync location
but dont change the path for your live data to actually reside on the cloud sync as this will eventually corrupt

Nylanfs
April 11th, 2016, 03:08
Copy your campaign folder either onto a flash drive or a shared folder and install FG on the second computer, then copy the campaign folder unto the new computer.

siffud
April 11th, 2016, 03:48
Oh I figured it out after pressing buttons long enough. In case anybody else is ever wondering and stumbles into this, you can go into the settings application, and change the directory for the two folders to wherever you copy pasted them on your flash drive/portable hard drive/what have you.
Cheers.