PDA

View Full Version : LFP D&D 3.5 - Red Hand of Doom Campaign - Thursdays 8 P.M. CST

billwheata
April 10th, 2016, 05:20
FG License: GM has the ultimate edition subscription so players only need the demo
Game System: D&D 3.5

Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Thurdays starting at 8:00 P.M.
If new game, planned start date: 4/14/2016
Planned Frequency: Weekly if schedules permit at this time
Term: Working through a module and will be done as a group when that is over unless people are having a great time and want to continue with more

Text or Voice: Voice preferred and video if people want
Voice software used: Google Hangout will be the most likely option. Teamspeak if people are not able to connect

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 depending on the current spot in the module
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 3 players, Need 1 more. All players so far are good to go. There may be 2 needed if there are issues with one of the players connections.
Character starting level & equipment: 5th level with 9,000 gold as standard
Character restrictions: There are none at this time. All characters/sheets should be submitted in advance just to make sure there are no "broken" aspects or game-breaking combinations for other players. Also if the race/class are found in third party, non-official books then they will most likely not be allowed.

Details of your scenario: The game will be run using the "Red Hand of Doom" module. It takes players from 5th level to 10th level. I would expect there to be 15-20 sessions if they go through an average time of 3-4 hours. There will be a lot of laughs so a sense of humor is a definite requirement. The game won't be all jokes, though, as players will still need to roleplay. As a GM I expect people to play their characters and constructively contribute. Just sitting there saying nothing, attempting to attack other players constantly, or taking actions that do nothing to advance the story (i.e. not accepting quests when the rest of the party has agreed, killing NPC's to be "hilarious", etc) should already be out. If you're looking for combat heavy, kill everything and say nothing then please look elsewhere. If you love role playing and getting into your character while having fun and rolling fumbles lol, then this is probably a great place for you.

I tried to post the Game Calendar page, but it will not let me. I'll have to post it as a reply if possible.

billwheata
April 10th, 2016, 05:23
OK haha it wouldn't let me and this is my first game being posted on the Forums. If you use the Game Calendar, I guess you can try to find it with the name "Red Hand of Doom". I believe its the only one and lists my name.

damned
April 10th, 2016, 05:49
Hey and welcome!
I ran my Castles&Crusades group through the Red Hand of Doom. There is lots of scope in there for everyone. Players are not railroaded by anything other than the army at their backs!
Good luck I hope you have a great campaign. I have seen a couple of recent players looking for a 3.5e campaign over the last 2 weeks so you might browse back a little through these forum posts.

pnpoldschoolgamer
April 10th, 2016, 19:34
Hi, If you're still looking for a player I'm trying to find a regular group to game with. I'm very familiar with 3.5; played regularly for five years. Yoyr time slot is ideal. my gmail account is pnpoldschoolgamer and my skype is Mike OSG.

Thanks,

Mike

Andrew Morrone
April 11th, 2016, 22:51
I am interested if their still is room. New to FG, but have a subscription. Played 3.5e for years. I should be able to make every Thursday at that time.

Thanks,
Andy

billwheata
April 13th, 2016, 13:38
As of right now, the party is full. Thanks for anybody who was interested. If anything opens up, I'll open things up to see if there any other interested people.