PDA

View Full Version : Levelling up fighter class

Broady
April 9th, 2016, 14:58
I believe there is few problems with my fighters class pack, firstly when i tried to level up a character from 2nd to 3rd, it returns a list of Martial Archetypes with the following options
Champion
Battle Master
Champion
Eldritch Knight
Champion
According to the Player Handbook, there should only be Champion, Battle Master and Eldritch Knight, Not Champion 3 times
Secondly When i Choose Battle Master, it adds Combat Superiority to my abilities but nothing is automatically added to my powers however when i manually add the powers from the Battle Master features page it only gives me frightened or prone effects and no mention of maneuvers also there is option to roll d8 superiority die, as mention in the player manual
Either I'm doing something wrong or there is an error in the programing, i believe its the latter, please can you help

Broady

damned
April 9th, 2016, 17:24
Hey Broady - what modules do you have open? Do you have more than one of these: Players Handbook, Basic Rules, 5e SRD Data? (their names might be a little different to that).

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2016, 18:36
Hi, Broady welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the community.

Sounds as damned is hinting at that you might have more than just the Player's Handbook open. You won't need the D&D basic rules nor the SRD so you should close those. The Purple Dragon archetype comes form the Sword Coast Adventure Guide so you should have that open if you have it - which it looks like you do.

Nothing will be added automatically for the battle master; you'll have to set these up yourself. Have a look at this guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27336-Effects-The-Complete-Fighter-Package) which should help you. If you download the file attached to the guide you'll be able to drag the battle maneuvers into your character from the one in the guide.

Broady
April 9th, 2016, 19:43
thanks for the suggestion, I give it a go

Broady