PDA

View Full Version : TeamSpeak: Suggestions for key mapping Push to Talk?

TriOpticon
April 9th, 2016, 11:35
Any suggestions for what hotkey to set for push to talk? I don't know FG well enough to not pick something it uses...

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2016, 12:23
Almost any alphabet key. FG doesn't use many keyboard shortcuts but does use CTRL, ALT and SHIFT.

Mask_of_winter
April 9th, 2016, 12:32
Almost any alphabet key. FG doesn't use many keyboard shortcuts but does use CTRL, ALT and SHIFT.
Wont that type mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm in the chat window while you talk though?

Mortar
April 9th, 2016, 12:39
1. not if you actually click on a part of the screen no taken up by FG - meaning FG ins't "ative" as far as the OS is concerned or
2 Use a separate pc/laptop for running ts - (this is what I normally do)

damned
April 9th, 2016, 17:21
Right Shift key works best for me. You do need to disable some Ease of Access features in Win 7/8/10 though.

ladyaelphaba
April 9th, 2016, 17:48
There is a TS App I bought (cheap, like 2 bucks) for my phone. If you want to run TS on a separate device that might be a good option.

LordEntrails
April 10th, 2016, 05:28
I use one of the function keys. Usually F1, but that does cause problems if I am in Word or something else.

Varsuuk
April 10th, 2016, 07:07
I used to map one of my side mouse buttons to '/' or something then use that for TS binding in BF2/3/4. Forgot why didn't just use the button raw, I recall it being a problem if did.

This time, in ruse used mouse button 4 or something raw and worked fine.

I too bought the TS iOS app long ago, mainly to watch TS names since our army was large enough to make it hard to recall all the voices until some time passed. Used to use a second screen until gave it to son :(

TriOpticon
April 10th, 2016, 17:55
Thanks, everyone. I used the right shift key as suggested. It worked well. Played my first FG game last night.

Nylanfs
April 10th, 2016, 19:26
Awesome, how did you like it?

TriOpticon
April 11th, 2016, 00:51
Awesome, how did you like it?it was quite fun. Hector did a really good job running it and explaining how FATE works.

Blahness98
April 11th, 2016, 03:36
I have my PTT button bound to one of my mouse thumb buttons on my main machine. That way I don't accidently type things. Works well since I have a hand on my mouse if I need to talk. On the laptop, I have it bound to right control.

Hector Trelane
April 11th, 2016, 19:32
it was quite fun. Hector did a really good job running it and explaining how FATE works.

Thanks for the shoutout and for joining the Fate game, TriOpticon.

I have my PTT button bound to one of my mouse thumb buttons on my main machine. That way I don't accidently type things. Works well since I have a hand on my mouse if I need to talk. On the laptop, I have it bound to right control.

Blahness98, brilliant suggestion. I'll try that myself.

Mortar
April 11th, 2016, 19:40
I have a Logitech MMO mouse, the logitech software for setting it up doesn't natively support Teamspeak. If I could ever get a profile set up and get the PTT scripts sorted out that's what I would do.

Blahness98
April 12th, 2016, 01:34
I have a logitech mouse as well. Just some basic thing I got from Wal-Mart (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-M510-Wireless-Mouse/15105354). TS natively reconized the buttons on the mouse and it was pretty much done at that point. As long as the software is loaded, it could be possible that it would read. But then again, I only have the basic mouse so your milage may vary.

kylania
April 12th, 2016, 20:02
I have my PTT button bound to one of my mouse thumb buttons on my main machine. That way I don't accidentally type things. Works well since I have a hand on my mouse if I need to talk. On the laptop, I have it bound to right control.

This x1000. Mouse thumb buttons is the way to go. The only annoying thing is that the one i use is the default "back" button in web browsers.

Griogre
April 14th, 2016, 03:48
If you do want a keyboard button then Scroll Lock is a good choice that won't mess up anything unless you have a spreadsheet open when playing FG. But I agree mouse buttons are the best.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2016, 09:16
I have prevented myself from saying this so far but you do realise that if you set up your microphone properly then you can use voice activated which is way easier that using keys and trying to get mice buttons to do anything :)

damned
April 14th, 2016, 14:09
I have prevented myself from saying this so far but you do realise that if you set up your microphone properly then you can use voice activated which is way easier that using keys and trying to get mice buttons to do anything :)

When Im GM I will often use Voice Activation but as a player I think its better to use Push to Talk. It helps that my house is generally very quiet.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2016, 15:41
When Im GM I will often use Voice Activation but as a player I think its better to use Push to Talk. It helps that my house is generally very quiet.

That's a good point. I am in a wee room all to myself with only a wife, a dog and an elderly mother none of whom make a great deal of noise except when the want me to do something. The only thing I do have to be careful about is just how loudly I can fart without the mic picking it up :)

Myrdin Potter
April 14th, 2016, 16:10
After fleet commanding 400+ people in a Eve Online, I hate people that do not use push to talk. No one gets voice activated right and it gets really distracting.

damned
April 15th, 2016, 11:56
After fleet commanding 400+ people in a Eve Online, I hate people that do not use push to talk. No one gets voice activated right and it gets really distracting.

Yes.... I can almost smell Zacchaeus's eggs from here....