PDA

View Full Version : I need a nice-looking package for the game

Nimborn
May 10th, 2005, 23:13
I'm thinking in giving a friend a lite version as a birthday present.

The problem I have is that I need a nice-looking package for the game. I would like to buy it at a local store and not just to download it, but I see that at the moment it's not possible.

So, I'm thinking in doing it by myself. I mean, printing the CD Cover and the CD layout.

Would be possible to download the game cover picture at high resolution? What about a CD layout?

duke_rael
May 20th, 2005, 19:57
I'm thinking in giving a friend a lite version as a birthday present.

Would be possible to download the game cover picture at high resolution? What about a CD layout?

That is exactly what my wife did for me for Christmas. She downloaded the full license and put it on a CD with Fantasy Grounds art on the CD label. Then, she placed the CD in a nice jewel case, printed the documentation (we're both tech writers and collect documentation on software to study for our own professsional development), and put it in a box to give to me for Christmas.

The program was a godsend. I had gone from running several games a week for RPGA events to having no one to game with within two days last winter.

The friends I had left to play were too disbursed to meet physically every week, but we could log on to our computers with broadband.

Also, the chat log makes for great source text to create a story from the game. Of course, you have to clean up the file. But you can't beat it for what it does.

richvalle
May 20th, 2005, 20:20
Wow, what a wife! I hope you know how lucky you are.

I'm sure you do.

:)

rv