PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Interest in a d20 Call of Cthulhu game

Moranthus
May 10th, 2005, 01:46
Good day,

Alright, so I just purchased a Fill license for Fantasy Grounds (great looking product by the way)....

I am a long time GM (approximately 22 years) who had to give up live-gaming for the rigors of a growing career and family. ANYWAY - I am looking to play a short campaign over the summer using Fantasy Grounds to allow me to familiarize myself with the tool.

I have a campaign that was spec'd some time ago but was never run for d20 Call of Cthulhu. If I had to describe the campaign in brief - think CHILL. If you remember CHILL, then you know the basics feel of this campaign. Essentially - it runs like a monster hunt. Think early X-Files or for those old enough - the NightStalker. The campaign runs a bit darker, but that's the basic idea.

Essentially the players are enlisted by a philanthropic clandestine entity that stands against the corruption and power of the Old Ones - as much as they can. Fighting the unspeakable with a mixture of technology, intelligence and luck.

Well that's the basic idea. I would be looking for a handfull of players that would be available once a week either late Friday or Saturday night (approximately midnight EST is my preferred start time). All I would ask is that you bring a desire for fun and some patience to the table - I am an old GM but new to the tool.

Please respond or PM me if interested or if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time.

Desdain
May 10th, 2005, 21:59
Great post Moranthus. I too am old school. I would love to play, but unfortunately I'm in the UK and midnight EST (I'm from Georgia originally) would have been fine about 4 years ago.. I tend to hit the sack by 11 here now. :P

I love Cthulhu (never played the d20, but chaosium plenty back in the late 80s). If you manage to get a campaign at a UK friendly time.. I'd love to join. I'm basically posting to show that there is an interest in this sort of thing. I hope somebody takes it up!

Des

Zane_Marlowe
May 11th, 2005, 00:01
That's kind of late, but how long would you expect the session to last?