PDA

View Full Version : Player Campaign Settings

ffujita
April 8th, 2016, 01:46
While I suspect that for most people, you set up your character on a server and it stays there, for people who play ALO, every game your character is on a different server. Is there a way to load your campaign settings as a player .. in particular your dice color and your function key shortcuts .. so that you don't have to recreate them each time you play your character on a different server?

Nylanfs
April 8th, 2016, 02:32
GM, /export and select character. I'm unsure of that keeps dice and hotbars though.

Moon Wizard
April 8th, 2016, 02:52
It does not keep the dice, hot keys or portrait. It only saves the raw data.

Regards,
JPG

damned
April 9th, 2016, 01:29
You can manually copy your shortcut bar between campaigns. You would have to join game. Disconnect, copy your hotkey bar in and reconnect.

ffujita
April 11th, 2016, 19:15
Another ALO centric question/request. As a GM who runs ALO modules, there really isn't such a thing as a conceptual campaign. The FG Campaigns all have a bunch of options, and I frequently forget to change one or two of those options whenever I create a new FG Campaign for a new ALO module. It would be nice if I could create a "New Campaign 5e Template" where I could specify that I want a dice tower, don't want to show die rolls, do want to show the results, want player health bars to be detailed, want hostile health to only have a colored dot, etc...

jshauber
April 11th, 2016, 22:52
Another ALO centric question/request. As a GM who runs ALO modules, there really isn't such a thing as a conceptual campaign. The FG Campaigns all have a bunch of options, and I frequently forget to change one or two of those options whenever I create a new FG Campaign for a new ALO module. It would be nice if I could create a "New Campaign 5e Template" where I could specify that I want a dice tower, don't want to show die rolls, do want to show the results, want player health bars to be detailed, want hostile health to only have a colored dot, etc...

Just create a campaign called Adventure League Games (or whatever), set your options and then open/close each ALO module in there as you play. The options stay, nothing gets too cluttered as modules not in use are closed and you have the benefit of having all the PCs that have played in your campaigns also saved in the campaign folder in case you or a player needs them again at a later date.

damned
April 12th, 2016, 05:27
I would also do it as jshauber suggests. I always forget at least one option when setting up a new campaign.