PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check - [Savage Worlds] Redneck Ghostbusters

Dumpy
April 8th, 2016, 01:45
Ghostbusters: Earlsboro

BACKSTORY
Times are rough in the tiny rural town of Earlsboro. Jobs are scarce and there's little opportunity for much of anything -- but the denizens love to call it home. Recent paranormal happenings have the locals in a panic. In response, a small group of down-and-out rednecks decide to form their own Ghostbusters franchise.

OVERVIEW
This is an original campaign setting using the Savage Worlds rules. The game is set in the mid-1990's in the same universe as the first two Ghostbusters movies. The original Ghostbusters franchise has faded into obscurity; their stories regarded as mere exaggerations or rumors.

The players will take on the roles of good ol' boys n' gals who will start their own version of Ghostbusters to combat a major local haunting. One AB: Psionics player will be allowed, but their abilities will need to be trapped for ghost-effects only -- No mind blasting other humans! The AB: Weird Science will be used to cover ghost-hunting weapons, gear, and inventions. Picture a proton pack created from spare car parts and a garden hose! A ghost trap forged from an old coyote trap. You get the picture (I hope)!

CAVEAT
I'm hoping to find some FUN and PROACTIVE players for this unique Ghostbusters campaign. I haven't had the greatest experiences with Roll20 players thus far - players leaving games before they ever begin, no one responding to info posts, no shows, etc. I'm hoping Fantasy Grounds has a better player base.

FG License: I have yet to purchase a license yet - I'm gaging FG player interest first.
Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: CST
Day of week and time: I'm available weekdays after 5pm and most of the day on weekends. I currently do not have other game commitments.
If new game, planned start date: ASAP
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Ideally long-term campaign.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Potentially 50/50. It depends on how the players approach situations.
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for up to 4 RELIABLE players.
Character starting level & equipment: The players will have some starting cash, but part of the game will be their building and developing of their Ghostbusters business.

Daedalus
April 8th, 2016, 16:20
If you run it on Tuesdays I would be interested.

Just a note: Fantasy Grounds has a TeamSpeak server which can be used for games and Teamspeak is great for running games. Not to mention people hang out there sometimes looking for games so you can pick up players.

Also, are you doing pre-gens or are the players creating their own characters?

Dumpy
April 8th, 2016, 19:39
I'd absolutely have the players create their own characters! It'll be fun to see how the characters know each other and see how that plays out in the game.

I feel like the player-created character backgrounds will have a huge part in how the Ghostbusters business develops: How do they fund this business? What kind of resources do they have (if any)? Mary Sue's cousin's 2nd uncle's got a mechanic shop we could use! How do they get around to the "jobs"? What are they creating their gear from and what does the gear look like?

damned
April 9th, 2016, 00:32
Welcome Dumpy! That looks like a lot of fun. Alas I am not available for it.

Blahness98
April 9th, 2016, 21:24
This sounds like it coud be fun. Have not played around with savage worlds in a long whule though. Depending on the day and time, color me interested.

Undead_Dragon
April 11th, 2016, 04:26
Looks like fun, I'm interested.