PDA

View Full Version : Chat Resize

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 6th, 2016, 23:59
I want to change the size of the D & D 5th chat but do not know where or what the file name containing the chat position, if someone can help me. I am grateful.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 7th, 2016, 00:02

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 7th, 2016, 00:03
13697player screenshot

Zacchaeus
April 7th, 2016, 00:09
Do you mean the size of the chat box or the actual text?

The former I don't think can be changed unless with an extension. The text I believe can be made bigger by changing the ui size in settings.

jajen2003
April 7th, 2016, 01:19
If you're talking about just changing the chat window size in the game UI, that's fairly simple.

Simply right-click a blank area in the chat window and select the Unlock Position from the radial menu.
Once unlocked, press and hold the Control key on your keyboard.
While holding down the Control key, click and drag the chat window to the desired size. Please note, the window will be anchored in the upper-left corner.
Once you have the window at the size you want, you can let go of control and click and drag the window to move it to the desired location.

So far, from what I can tell, this doesn't persist through opening and closing the program, so you'll have to do this each time you open the game.

Hope this helps. :D

Best,
Jake

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 7th, 2016, 01:35
The size of the chat (size) sources I know change the measure, and I would like to edit to leave this fixed value.

jajen2003
April 7th, 2016, 01:37
The size of the chat (size) sources I know change the measure, and I would like to edit to leave this fixed value.

This is beyond my skill to heal. You'd need Moon Wizard's medicine.

damned
April 7th, 2016, 02:25
Use the BigFonts extension.
If it changes too many things go in and have a look at the code and Im sure you will work it.

Moon Wizard
April 7th, 2016, 02:27
The positioning information is stored in the "chat" panel definition. I believe it's in the desktop/desktop_panels.xml file of the ruleset.

To change it, you would need an extension that overrides or merges changes into that panel.

Regards,
JPG

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 7th, 2016, 13:45
I resize the Tower of Dado and increase in Corel RPG a level of sources.
The scale I am using is 70% at a resolution of 1920x1080
And the end result is this:

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 7th, 2016, 13:53
Unfortunately I do not know programming, so I'm trying to hit or miss, but I know which files modified in have no idea how to make an extension.
So I make a backup of the orginal file and make a folder with the files modified and put in the ruleset and see the result by opening the Fantasy Grounds.

jajen2003
April 7th, 2016, 18:55
You might what to check this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25234-Jeff-s-Excruciatingly-Simple-Extension-Tutorial) out. It's a great place to get started.

Best,
Jake