PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with an experiment

BlindBumbleBee
April 6th, 2016, 13:48
Free Game account, European CET Time Zone, but flexible on time, mon, wed, fri, sat, sun.

Hi, I am completely new to Fantasy Grounds, and I have never played a table-top RP game.
I have had some experience with role playing in an MMO, a long time ago, but not much.

I've recently become interested in D&D through various podcasts, Twitch and Youtube.
And I thought, I'd like to try it for myself.

Now, I have to mention that I am somewhat visually impaired, so I know I'm asking alot, for someone to help me test this out.

I don't think it is a huge problem, I can see and read, but I have some problems with colors, and details can get a little blurry on maps and such,
so safe to say, I can't play Counter-Strike.
Not a great loss for me, but still.

I'm from Norway, so English isn't my native language, but I think my english is fairly good.
I am old enough that I once owned a computer with only floppy drives and no hard drive, and played music on cassette players.
If you don't know what that is, don't worry about it and just consider yourself lucky.

If anyone would be interested in this experiment, I would greatly appreciate it.
I have no expectations other than trying this out for fun.

I'm open to trying one short session just to see if Fantasy Grounds works for me.

As I mentioned I have my mind set on D&D at the moment, but I'm also a Yes-Man, so I won't rule anything out.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Mask_of_winter
April 6th, 2016, 13:50
Lucky for you FG Con 8 is this weekend. Perfect opportunity for you to sign up for a game or two!
https://www.fg-con.com/

jajen2003
April 6th, 2016, 14:09
Welcome to the community.

I agree. FG Con would be a great opportunity to experiment with the interface. You might be able to even watch a game if you weren't ready to play. But I say, find a game that sounds fun, talk to the GM and have a blast!

BlindBumbleBee
April 6th, 2016, 14:13
Thanks for the quick reaponse. And I will check that out right now :)

damned
April 6th, 2016, 15:35
Sent you an email...

spoofer
April 12th, 2016, 16:07
Did you find a group? I am looking for a player. I am interested in trying you experiment.
We play on Sat. at 8 pm. GMT +9.

Kevin

BlindBumbleBee
April 12th, 2016, 16:34
Did you find a group? I am looking for a player. I am interested in trying you experiment.
We play on Sat. at 8 pm. GMT +9.

Kevin

Hi. No I haven't found a group yet. I wanted to try a game during FG-con, but realized my current microphone is pretty much useless, so I had to cancel that. I have to get a new mic to use Teamspeak or similar. But once I have fixed that I'd be very interested. You can send me an email if you and we can work something out.

BlindBumbleBee
April 12th, 2016, 19:27
I just got a new mic working, tested in Teamspeak, and I think it's all good :)

spoofer
April 13th, 2016, 02:06
Ok, I will send you a pm.

Kevin

spoofer
April 13th, 2016, 14:19
By the way, my first computer used a tape drive to load data.