PDA

View Full Version : NiX Random Dungeon 1

nix4
May 9th, 2005, 03:15
Here is a module of my Random Dungeon project.

Using Jamis Buck's Dungeon Generator I merged the data into Fantasy Grounds, did some graphics work on the maps and added images for as many of the monsters as I could.

20 levels
over 500 rooms
77 Images
wide range of beasts from goblins to the tarrasque!

Bear in mind, these are random dungeons so they dont always make sense. But its great hack n slash fun.

https://noxgeo.dyndns.org/temp/randomdungeon1.zip

Enjoy!

richvalle
May 10th, 2005, 18:10
Bah. I tried to host this too but we are limited to files of 10 megs or less. :(

Sorry.

rv

nix4
May 12th, 2005, 21:09
Anyone try this yet? I was thinking of making more, better versions but only if I got feedback!

:twisted:

arras
May 15th, 2005, 21:23
I downloaded this pack, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to use it.

Please advise.

Arras

nix4
May 16th, 2005, 00:39
I believe you unzip the contents and place the resulting folder into the "modules" folder. From there, you can run as a DM and activate the module..

Elric
May 16th, 2005, 03:39
I tried unzipping it into the modules folder but couldn't get it listed so i could tick it - regardless of the game system I tried. :(

kalmarjan
May 16th, 2005, 03:58
I tried as well, plus I tried to export my own module. It exported, but unfortunately, it does not show up in my FG... The problems started after 1.04.....

So it looks like too, I have a problem.

Mendorian
May 17th, 2005, 13:37
I've encountered this exact problem as described above. The .mod file is in the modules folder, but FG doesn't see it to activate it.

-Mendo

Crusader
May 17th, 2005, 14:45
There is actually no need to unzip it, you can keep it in the modules folder with the .mod extension. However,there is a file inside the archive that defines the ruleset as "myd20".

Mendorian
May 17th, 2005, 17:44
Ah! Opened the definition.xml file and changed myd20 to just d20, I was able to see and load the module just fine. Left it in the .mod format as well. One thing I noticed is that all the creauter images were cropped to the default display window size, and when I expanded the window, the images appeared to have been cut off at the original window borders. That might be due to the vid card in this system (it's a work machine) so I'll try it again from home.

The only other thing I could venture as a suggestion is to add a bit of room at the edges of the maps. The right edge of the dungeon1 map, for example, is right up agains the window border.

Other than that, great job!

nix4
May 17th, 2005, 21:40
Ah! Opened the definition.xml file and changed myd20 to just d20, I was able to see and load the module just fine. Left it in the .mod format as well. One thing I noticed is that all the creauter images were cropped to the default display window size, and when I expanded the window, the images appeared to have been cut off at the original window borders. That might be due to the vid card in this system (it's a work machine) so I'll try it again from home.

The only other thing I could venture as a suggestion is to add a bit of room at the edges of the maps. The right edge of the dungeon1 map, for example, is right up agains the window border.

Other than that, great job!

AH! filthy rotten myd20!! I only did that because I crash when I try to make/view local characters using d20 ruleset...sigh

I made myd20 to include some of the dragons (which arent in the SRD..grr)....but I stopped using them as they were too much effort..after the 1st two levels...

Thanks for the feedback, Ill remember to leave room around the maps if I make a vol.2

If you'd like a vol.2 let me know ..I could make the images for the monsters smaller, and the maps with bigger edges and improve the graphics of allot of it...(and fix the myd20 issue)...

PowerJ
May 25th, 2005, 06:53
Okay, as far as I can tell that mod file even when unzipped will NOT work as a module. I was, however, successful in placing the unzipped files in the correct places in order for it to work as a campaign, however a lot of the links didn't pull up the right pictures so maybe i screwed something up in the process, i dont know...but this way it at least kinda works (after of course changing the myd20 to d20 in the definition file)
Just an FYI for everyone who downloaded it and to Nix for any future revisions. I'm also working with the random dungeon generator in conjunction with FG, but im only going one floor or map at a time. Gotta get a good feel for it first ;)

Stormbow
September 14th, 2005, 00:16
Looks like the link is broken.

nix4
September 14th, 2005, 13:52
Had a power outage for 6 hrs. The link will be fixed up tonight.