PDA

View Full Version : Inventory Item Locations

LordValerius
April 2nd, 2016, 12:53
Wow..What is up with this feature? Why is it so damn finicky when it comes to items, their locations and the alpha nightmare?

Sometimes seems to work, others not. One would think that when you enter a location for an item it would show up as indented underneath that item..Sounds logical, right?

Well, sometimes it does, other times it does not depending on where the name of the location and/or item falls alphabetically.

Is this working as intended? If so, why?

Thanks for any info.

LordV

damned
April 2nd, 2016, 14:05
Example? I dont seem to have any issues...

LordValerius
April 2nd, 2016, 14:40
Example? I dont seem to have any issues...

So, as the picture should show, the Arrows (20) entry is not currently showing as indented underneath the Quiver entry, even though I have typed the location as Quiver. The reason seems to be, that the location name of Quiver, comes after the preceding location name of Belt and before the following location name of Torso, alphabetically. B, Q, T. Now, if I change the Quiver to be located on the Shoulder instead of Back, it works correctly because Shoulder comes after Belt and before Torso. I have been able to fix these issues by renaming locations and items if possible, so that they all fit within an alphabetical scheme, but it's really a pain in the neck having to do that. Alphabetizing should not effect this feature.

You should also notice that none of the Backpack items are indented either, because of the location I have listed for the Backpack, ie. Worn instead of Back. But if I change the location to be Back, it still does not work, because Longbow and Quiver come later alphabetically than the word Backpack. See my conundrum? Is it something I am failing at or doing incorrectly?

Thanks!
LordV

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2016, 15:11
I think it's because you are using a location of 'Back'. If you change that to 'Worn' then everything indents correctly. Note also that 'Back' or even 'Worn' isn't an item of equipment so they won't indent if you have several items located there. So you could have the Longbow as 'Left Shoulder', the quiver as 'Right Shoulder' and the Backpack as 'Worn'. The arrows will indent into the quiver provided the quiver is in a unique location. Same for the backpack. If both backpack and quiver are in the same location then you won't get an indent. I don't know how much of this is intended or just because of the alphabetical order I don't know; but if you play with it, it will work out.

LordValerius
April 2nd, 2016, 22:32
I think it's because you are using a location of 'Back'. If you change that to 'Worn' then everything indents correctly. Note also that 'Back' or even 'Worn' isn't an item of equipment so they won't indent if you have several items located there. So you could have the Longbow as 'Left Shoulder', the quiver as 'Right Shoulder' and the Backpack as 'Worn'. The arrows will indent into the quiver provided the quiver is in a unique location. Same for the backpack. If both backpack and quiver are in the same location then you won't get an indent. I don't know how much of this is intended or just because of the alphabetical order I don't know; but if you play with it, it will work out.

I did as you suggested Zacchaeus and it still did not work for the backpack items...Quiver was resolved, but Backpack did not re-indent the items until I changed it from Worn to Back. It seems to be dependent on the alphabetical sequence of the actual location name as well. See below.

13669 vs. 13670

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2016, 22:49
Indeed, it looks like that.

LordValerius
April 2nd, 2016, 23:26
Indeed, it looks like that.

Indeed...Of course, it's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. Not sure why the alpha structure is enforced...Especially for the Location names...The Item names, I get.

/shrug

Thanks for your help..Appreciated as always.