PDA

View Full Version : LFG mondays or late night thursdays!

ThomasStallon
March 31st, 2016, 19:20
Not a new player, would love to join a group that has a campaign going already or is looking to get players for one in the works. I'm all for joining any RPG, have knowledge with pathfinder mostly though. But willing to learn other systems. I'm available Monday's anytime and late night Thursday's.

The Buster B
March 31st, 2016, 20:20
Hey, I'll just copy over my post since it's all there (forum wont let me link), let me know what you think. I want to do a run of Murder in Baldur's Gate first, then possibly Icewind Dale if it is going strong. What do you consider late night thursday and what time zone?

LFG 5e HotDQ or CoS (As Player) / LFP Murder in Baldur's Gate (As DM)

Looking to join HotDQ or CoS as a player (can play anytime) and to run Murder in Baldur's Gate
FG License: I have Ultimate
Game System: 5e
Time Zone: I am Canadian Atlantic Time
Day of week and time: Mondays or Thursdays starting at 7pm Atlantic (6pm Eastern) or later
If new game, planned start date: Whenever
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: i.e. Long term for HotDQ or CoS, only a couple sessions to complete Murder in Baldur's Gate

Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: Can use any voice software but do not have my own server set up currently for server based clients.

Number of Players in game & needed: At least 4 for Murder in Baldur's Gate
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level for MiBG
Character restrictions: Standard races and classes you would find in Baldur's gate (nothing that wouldn't be able to live in BG)

Details of scenario: I have parsed the entire Murder in Baldur's Gate Campaign setting and Scenario and it is ready to go ASAP, I will be DMing that content. I would also like to participate as a player in Curse of Strahd or Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat. Unfortunately I prefer not to be a PC in PotA as I am DMing it currently in my live session and will be transitioning to a player soon to start OotA as well.

I am a 29 yr old mature player and prefer playing with other adults. I appreciate minimal rules lawyering and find RPing encounters rewarding both as a DM and as a player. As a player I always try to add something to make my characters actions feel unique and believable. I always look for interesting solutions once combat does begin as well. As a DM I reward this type of playing and prefer avoiding a min maxed munchkin games as much as possible. However, building a strong character is still highly encouraged, though focusing on role-playing such characters always results in a more memorable, and often comical, outcome in my experience.