PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mines of Phandelver (AEST Australia Sunday AM Time Slot )

Skulca
March 31st, 2016, 12:32
FG License: Ultimate Licence
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Day of week and time: Sunday Morning, 10am for 3hrs , Start Date 17th April
Planned Frequency: Fortnightly (every two weeks)
Term: Initial Play the Starter Module, progress into home Brew or another module if players want to.

Text or Voice: i.e. Voice
Voice software used: i.e. Discord, TS FG Server is an option also

Roleplay & Combat mix: i.e. 50/50 Combat Role Play.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 Players, need 2 more
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 Start
Character restrictions: i.e. No restrictions other than no Aarakocra allowed.
Players : Happy to accept new players as long as they are willing to learn the rule set and work towards understanding it. The rules are now published for free in the DnD 5th SRD so everyone can read them without a PHB.

I am a Long time DM deciding to try and run a published module for the first time in 5E, have been using FG a while now and want to get into DMing using it

I want to play through the Lost Mines as it seems like it could be fun before as I have not run a module before I usually home brew. Though I would start with a shorter module rather than a long lone like the others

Character Creation : I have slightly more powerful characters than normal as I do not pull or change any rolls, the dice fall as they are so I give players a slight boost and I like DM a decent group of Player characters, that said I don’t go overboard just a few little tweaks.

Level 1, Stats are 4d6 drop lowest, Re roll if total value (Sum) of all six stats is less than 70, I find this makes slightly better characters than standard set usually does.
Variant Rules used
Spell Points instead of slots, (this adds a lot more flexibility to spell casters over slots in my experience so far)

Feats are available, you get a free feat at your first stat boost along with the stat boost, you then choose.

Rolling hit points, you roll and take the better of average or roll.

I think the rules are a great start to how to play and usually resolve most issues however I do like to run with ideas as they develop after all its a fantasy world.

I am a solid believer in if you can think it up and be creative with you character within reason I will usually try work it in as we go. For instance, trying to use spells creatively and not just as written is always an option. My Goal is to have fun and provide an enjoyable experience playing this fantastic game.

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1919

SheckyS
April 1st, 2016, 19:07
If my calculations are correct 10 AM AEST on Sunday is 8 PM EDT on Saturday. So I'd love to play. :)

Kronides
April 2nd, 2016, 03:15
I am up in Brissy so by the time your first session comes around we will have same times. I would love a crack at this as am considering ultimate license for purchase.

Skulca
April 2nd, 2016, 03:59
I am up in Brissy so by the time your first session comes around we will have same times. I would love a crack at this as am considering ultimate license for purchase.

No drama, im moving up to Brissy in a few months myself.

damned
April 2nd, 2016, 04:15
Kronides if you will be a player only just buy the Full License. If you also want the Players Handbook buy that too. The Ultimate License doesnt contain additional DLC it has the ability to host unlicensed players if you are the GM.

Goltron
April 2nd, 2016, 07:55
Sydneysider here, I'd be happy to come along for the ride if there are still any free seats.

Skulca
April 3rd, 2016, 00:57
Sydneysider here, I'd be happy to come along for the ride if there are still any free seats.

Happy to have you along, though the original player is a wood elf monk, so I would prefer something else in the party than 2 monks.

Goltron
April 3rd, 2016, 14:09
Ok, I can give a Bard a go, i've been interested in playing that class too.

Drizzard
April 3rd, 2016, 15:14
Love to be part of this. Applied as a druid. Have full player license.

Dracon
April 4th, 2016, 23:13
I think we have gone through this before Read the game discription and get back to me.

pnpoldschoolgamer
April 7th, 2016, 02:59
Hey there- Are you still looking for players to this campaign?

Skulca
April 8th, 2016, 03:30
Hey All,

I have a couple of people that have just added themselves to the game calendar without communication if any sort so I dont have time to chase anyone for a spot.

I have 4 thinking of a 5th but will not decide until the weekend.

Thanks

pnpoldschoolgamer
April 9th, 2016, 01:34
I have not posted to to your calendar but would be interested if you still need a player.

My gmail account is pnpoldschoolgamer and skype addy is Mike OSG.

I'll keep an eye out here on forums but if you're full no worries I'll catch you another time.

Cheers

Mike