PDA

View Full Version : Lost my paid expansions

Topdecker
March 29th, 2016, 16:38
All of my smiteworks modules now fail to appear. No DMG, PHB, nothing.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE: A bit of extra info, the SRD is among the missing modules.

Tim

Skellan
March 29th, 2016, 16:47
Perhaps try running the updater again. It might find them for you

Topdecker
March 29th, 2016, 17:00
The last 3 times I have tried, it stops when trying to update the Monster Manual.

I would argue that a single failed file should not screw-over my ability to do everything else, but evidently this is the way of it.

Is there some other RELIABLE way to get that module?

Tim

Nylanfs
March 29th, 2016, 17:10
I believe John has put that into the next version. Also, double check the permissions on your data folder, a Windows update may have reset them.

Topdecker
March 29th, 2016, 17:36
Checked permissions and it looked good. ALL Smiteworks modules are gone - deleted, probably by the updater.

So I ran Fantasy Grounds as the administrator and it worked out. Now I just have to download everything again. I should not need to run Fantasy Grounds as an administrator in order to get it to work.

This all works great at home on Windows 7. The problem install is on a Windows 10 device.

Tim

Mortar
March 29th, 2016, 17:42
Microsoft slightly changed how the administrator accounts work on Windows 10, some people have to run as administrator account some don't - it all depends on the account you set up on the upgrade to Win 10/initial install. Its not necessarily a FG issue

Topdecker
March 29th, 2016, 17:51
All this worked fine through December and January, glitching out around Feb 12th, at which point I had to set permissions. Not going to take sides on the blame game, just stating plainly that I should not need to run ANY piece of software as an administrator in order to get it to work unless it is doing administrative functions.

ddavison
March 29th, 2016, 18:19
You can try to move the Data Directory to a new location where you have full rights to read/write and modify the files. What is the current setting for your Data Directory?

Trenloe
March 29th, 2016, 18:20
Here are the recommended three options to help fix the changed file permissions in Windows 10, only one of which requires running FG as administrator: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28666-Release-v3-1-7&p=257920&viewfull=1#post257920

Topdecker
March 29th, 2016, 23:44
I really hadn't noticed this before, but now I am paying attention. On Windows 7, FG does indeed ask for installer permissions. On Windows 10, it does not ask. Therein, I am sure, is the rub.

Anyhow, I will move the data folder as per the suggestions.

Tim

sarm11111
June 3rd, 2017, 01:53
All my paid content has disappeared to. I am very upset. I have followed the forum instructions and still no luck. Steam shows all them as installed but they do not show up in my modulus library. I dont know if it was the recent updates of FG or Windows 10 but this game has been very buggy .

Update. Yes it was the steam login option in settings. I want to rant that modifying settings like that is something that should not be needed with the amount of money I paid for a licence but i could be worse, it could be CADD.

LordEntrails
June 3rd, 2017, 01:56
All my paid content has disappeared to. I am very upset.
How about some more information? Are you using Steam? Are you on Windows or a Mac? Did you receive any errors? Please give us as much information as possible, including scren shots of logs or errors.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2017, 01:58
All my paid content has disappeared to. I am very upset.
Follow the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38541-Release-v3-3-1-is-live&p=340113&viewfull=1#post340113