PDA

View Full Version : Night's Black Agents - S&S&S - Wednesday Night/Saturday Afternoon

Black Hammer
March 29th, 2016, 00:48
FG License:Ultimate. Players only need the demo.
Game System: Night's Black Agents (GUMSHOE variant. System light, easy to learn.)

Time Zone: EST/EDT (GMT-4 currently)
Day of week and time: Either Wednesday Night or Saturday Afternoon
If new game, planned start date: Soon as people are ready
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak most likely, though open to some alternatives

Roleplay & Combat mix: 70% Roleplay/30% Combat
Number of Players in game & needed: Need at least 3, open to up to 6
Character starting level & equipment: To be determined, NBA standard start
Character restrictions: NBA Standard

Details of your scenario: As an agent or former member of the intelligence community, your handlers have you on ice until a need for your particular talents come up. So when an old friend calls in a favor from back in the day (Barcelona, was it, or Budapest? You remember it was a B. Maybe a P?), you're happy to get back in the game. He wants you to investigate a someone, maybe even a bonus if you scrounge up a lead for him to pass off to his buyer. Just a quick job to keep yourself sharp, you tell yourself. Besides, the fellow seems to be a serial killer. Can't hurt to put a stop to that.

Few notes on the system: Night's Black Agents is a Gumshoe-based system for playing super-spies of the JB style (James Bond, Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne) against threats of a supernatural nature. Expect to play a character at the high end of human capabilities and competence, like those mentioned above, only running up against superhumans. The game has heavy investigative elements, hence the high amount of roleplay. The game is quite easy to learn, and most of the mechanics take less than ten minutes to explain.

Why Wednesday night vs Saturday afternoon: I'd willing to run in either of these time slots, or possibly even both. The exact hours involved are somewhat flexible, as I'd like a four-hour time slot between 6PM-midnight Wednesday or 2PM-9PM Saturday.

Haven't put up a calendar listing, so either post here or PM me if interested. Preferably both, actually. Cross-posting this to the Steam Forums as well.

Black Hammer
March 31st, 2016, 19:59
Is there any interest in Night's Black Agents at all, regardless of time?

damned
April 1st, 2016, 02:13
I am interested in the setting/genre but have no time.

Mask_of_winter
April 1st, 2016, 02:16
Same here.

sctorchwoodfan
April 2nd, 2016, 04:22
I'd be interested but Weds more than Sat.

Black Hammer
April 3rd, 2016, 16:07
I'd be interested but Weds more than Sat.

Cool. I only need about three players to get NBA going, so if you know anybody else who might be interested, feel free to let them know. I've run a couple of Night's Black Agents games, and it might be my favorite system now.

Valarian
April 3rd, 2016, 18:27
Interested in Sat afternoon as it would be evening here in the UK. Not sure about going to 9pm eastern.
[EDIT] I could do to 6pm Eastern (11pm UK time)

sctorchwoodfan
April 4th, 2016, 00:05
It looks like I will be able to do a Sat game now so I am open to Sat sessions as well so we might only need one more player. :)

glacius
April 4th, 2016, 03:35
I would love to join, Sat afternoon would be great.

Black Hammer
April 5th, 2016, 01:22
How does 3PM-7PM EST Saturday sound to people?

glacius
April 5th, 2016, 01:27
Sounds epic. This weekend is FGcon (fantasyground con).
So excited for NBA

Black Hammer
April 5th, 2016, 01:42
Sounds epic. This weekend is FGcon (fantasyground con).
So excited for NBA

Ah, I forgot about that being this weekend. If people's schedules are crammed for that, might be best to wait until the following week to start.

sctorchwoodfan
April 7th, 2016, 01:20
Yeah following Saturday would be better for me.

glacius
April 7th, 2016, 01:44
Following saturday would be perfect

Black Hammer
April 7th, 2016, 22:02
Alright. So we'd be looking at starting Saturday the 16th. Sometime in the next few days, I'll probably send out a brief questionnaire to get a sense of what people's experience with the system is and how much I need prepared for character creation.

Still are a couple of spots open if people are interested in giving the system a try. The first session will involve a setup scene, so if people are simply curious and looking for a one-shot without committing to a full campaign in a different type of game, that can be done.

glacius
April 7th, 2016, 22:23
Awesome

glacius
April 16th, 2016, 10:45
Hey guys, my apologies but I may be late or absent this afternoon as as I making a quick trip out of town now.
One good thing is I can peruse more info on the NBA rules.
Worst case I miss the intro pregen game.