PDA

View Full Version : Blanket bonuses to spell casting DCs and Attack rolls?

Nebs
March 28th, 2016, 23:57
I've looked under the 5E Effects list, but I haven't found anything that improves the DC/spell casting modifier/spell attack bonus for all the spells of a creature.
For example, if I want to put the Staff of the Magi in the hands of a PC or NPC, I can't easily improve all of their spells by +2 unless I manually modify each one.

Am I missing this, or is something like this in the works?

Nylanfs
March 29th, 2016, 01:52
do it at the spell stat level, I think you can add a bonus

Nebs
March 29th, 2016, 03:08
That is helpful, thank you. For some reason adjusting the spell save DC with a number isn't available, so something like the Robes of the Archmagi can't be accounted for, unfortunately.

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2016, 11:16
That is helpful, thank you. For some reason adjusting the spell save DC with a number isn't available, so something like the Robes of the Archmagi can't be accounted for, unfortunately.

Indeed, whilst the attack bonus can be done globally the Save DC can't. The item you talk about is probably the only thing which gives a bonus to the spell save DC. You can, however, add an adjustment to only those spells which require a save.

Nebs
March 29th, 2016, 13:39
Thanks Zacchaeus

phogan88
May 22nd, 2016, 23:19
Indeed, whilst the attack bonus can be done globally the Save DC can't. The item you talk about is probably the only thing which gives a bonus to the spell save DC. You can, however, add an adjustment to only those spells which require a save.

Zacchaeus,

Is there a technical reason behind why this is not an option to add a + to spell DC? It's in there for spell attack. The flexibility would be nice.

thanks,
Pete

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2016, 00:18
Zacchaeus,

Is there a technical reason behind why this is not an option to add a + to spell DC? It's in there for spell attack. The flexibility would be nice.

thanks,
Pete
I believe this will be fixed in the forthcoming v 3.2.

phogan88
May 23rd, 2016, 01:07
I believe this will be fixed in the forthcoming v 3.2.

Thank you! Is there a list of changes available to view for 3.2? I usually go to the "laboratory" but have not seen any new builds mentioned since 3.17.

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2016, 09:18
Thank you! Is there a list of changes available to view for 3.2? I usually go to the "laboratory" but have not seen any new builds mentioned since 3.17.

No list as yet, it's still being developed and tested.

LordEntrails
May 23rd, 2016, 19:16
Moon Wizard will publish a summary of changes in the City Hall sub-forum when the release is rolled out.

phogan88
May 24th, 2016, 20:43
Moon Wizard will publish a summary of changes in the City Hall sub-forum when the release is rolled out.

Thank you!