PDA

View Full Version : Using different rulesets with each other?

Daleus
March 28th, 2016, 16:55
New FG user, 30-40 years od GM experience.

Like many, I prefer some of the older rules like 1st and 2nd ed. AD&D. I also use Basic Fantasy RPG and some house rules.

As a result, I find CoreRPG to be best suited for me. IS there a way to use for instance, Monsters from another ruleset when I'm putting together a campaign? I see no Monster Libraries available with CoreRPG (unless I'm missing something) and while I am fine manually enter the information, the NPC Sheet does not easily accommodate all the info I want available (again, I may be missing something.)

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
March 28th, 2016, 17:36
Hi Daleus and welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the community.

The rulesets are mutually exclusive, since their mechanics will differ between each one. If you wanted NPCs from say 5e then you'd need to convert them anyway into whatever ruleset you are using.

Daleus
March 29th, 2016, 15:51
Hi Daleus and welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the community.

The rulesets are mutually exclusive, since their mechanics will differ between each one. If you wanted NPCs from say 5e then you'd need to convert them anyway into whatever ruleset you are using.

Thanks for the Welcome!

I thought that might be the case but it never hurts to ask in case I've missed something. At least it can be a gradual thing - I don't need to add the whole Monster Manual all at once.

Thanks again!