PDA

View Full Version : BRP Update

yeknom
March 28th, 2016, 14:41
I was wondering if there was an update planned for BRP? I purchased it a while ago and am certainly not happy with the way it works in comparison with the other official rulesets. I do not have the slightest idea of where to begin to update the ruleset myself and am only asking as a curious owner of the current ruleset.

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2016, 21:32
It's on our list, but in reality, it's a very low priority for us. It just doesn't get as much usage as the rulesets that we update directly ourselves, and has very limited sales.

Given that the ruleset still continues to work to play BRP, it will probably stay as is unless an enthusiastic community developer agrees to take on the project update.

Regards,
JPG

yeknom
March 30th, 2016, 00:34
Thanks for the reply, at least I know where the system stands now :)

martel
April 2nd, 2016, 08:28
I am sad to see that the most expensive ruleset (a share the latest 5th dd) is not updated and there is talk that there is greater on the list .. :(

yeknom
April 2nd, 2016, 09:16
I get it. Sure I had to pay for it and it would be great if it were updated but it isn't a priority. Things, no matter their cost, go out of date and often never get updated in all facets of life so I can't complain if it BRP doesn't get updated.

Sunspoticus
August 17th, 2016, 15:47
Update for BRP was released a few days ago. Fixes some issues with the library functions and added visibility/control of images for players..

yeknom
August 17th, 2016, 16:15
I am not seeing the changes in the rule set.

Sunspoticus
August 17th, 2016, 16:44
You shouldn't. If the copyright says 2016 however, you have the new version. All of the changes are under-the-hood

Sunspoticus
August 17th, 2016, 16:47
Additionally, this is on the dev's short-list for a rewrite to CoreRPG compliance...

borusa32
August 18th, 2016, 21:58
That looks good to me,thanks

FlightlessScotsman
August 25th, 2016, 19:04
I'n not really sure where to put this question, but I guess this works.

The new heads of Chaosium (actually kind of the old Chaosium because it's Greg Stafford and Sandy Petersen et al.) recently mentioned that the new version of Chaosium Runequest is going to be supported by Fantasy Grounds and a "BRP Essentials" derived from that game will be forthcoming shortly thereafter. Is there any plan for the current BRP ruleset to be "upgraded" or converted to that newer iteration of the BRP rules?

FlightlessScotsman
August 25th, 2016, 19:05
Additionally, this is on the dev's short-list for a rewrite to CoreRPG compliance...

That is excellent news!

FlightlessScotsman
August 25th, 2016, 19:14
You shouldn't. If the copyright says 2016 however, you have the new version. All of the changes are under-the-hood

When I fire up a campaign with the BRP ruleset (after checking for updates) it still says "copyright 2010." FWIW, I tried loading a new BRP campaign that doesn't use my self-made Magic World extension and that didn't seem to make any difference.

Azaran
August 28th, 2016, 11:20
I see absolutely no changes either, is it possible to get a list of changes as those of us who have written extensions will need to update them for any possible conflicts.

GunnarGreybeard
August 28th, 2016, 11:35
My version still show "copyright 2010" as well.

Azaran
August 28th, 2016, 17:49
It's apparently still in the queue for review and release.

Best regards,

Az.

ChiefW4
August 29th, 2016, 15:44
Well, as a brand spanking new FG user and long time RQ Classic GM (2nd edition for those not familiar), BRP is the closest thing there is to RQ so I'm happy to see it got some attention.

Azaran
September 2nd, 2016, 10:45
Check out my RQ2 extension if you haven't already chief, it's on a separate thread and I will be updating it for the revised brp ruleset

ChiefW4
September 2nd, 2016, 21:03
Check out my RQ2 extension if you haven't already chief, it's on a separate thread and I will be updating it for the revised brp ruleset

I haven't or I'd have said something on it. I'm still new to the game and this kind of forum (despite what my join date may lead one to believe), so finding it is not quite as easy for me as it may seem. Is it in the BRP forum? Or somewhere else?

borusa32
October 9th, 2016, 12:00
community rulesets are on the Wiki