PDA

View Full Version : Tabletop Gaming?

wafflegreen
March 28th, 2016, 03:58
Hello everyone. Around 25 years ago I no longer had the opportunity to play the table top Dungeons and Dragons. Is this a forum/message board for current players of the latest incarnate of AD&D? I am finding it very difficult to locate information and people. Is the game still played, or has everything gone digital online?

LordEntrails
March 28th, 2016, 04:11
Yes, and no.

This is a forum for a virtual table top (VTT) that allows you to play games like D&D (which is currently in it's 5th edition). D&D 5E is still designed as a table top game, but can be played in a VTT environment as well.

There are still lots of groups that play face-to-face. I'm not sure what the best source for finding such a game is. I would suggest you either find your local retail store (usually called a flagship store by Wizards of the Coast, should be available somewhere at www.wizards.com) or check the www.enworld.org forums as that is a large website for RPG gamers.

The Organization games on the forums here are generally for online VTT play of the various systems. You can also check out www.fg-con.com for a virtual gaming convention using FG, but not sure that's what you are looking for.

The people here are pretty friendly, and if you still have questions, just ask. Someone is sure to have a better answer than mine.

kylania
March 28th, 2016, 05:35
Welcome back Wafflegreen. :)

shrmm1980
March 29th, 2016, 01:37
Do you have any local gaming stores? Most of them in my area allow people to run games or post meet ups for games. Check those first.

Nylanfs
March 29th, 2016, 01:44
There's a group meeting section enworld.org or penandpapergames.com