PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Create Character Offline

twseifert
March 28th, 2016, 02:04
When I attempt to create a character offline/outside of a campaign, I get the following error message:

Any thoughts?

damned
March 28th, 2016, 02:34
Re-run the updater. If it still doesnt work click on the folder icon top right of the splash screen, go to rulesets and delere CoreRPG.pak and then rerun the updater.
Also make sure you dont have any unpacked folders called CoreRPG...

twseifert
March 28th, 2016, 09:47
Well that worked, sort of. Now I can't access any of my modules in my library, such as the 5E Deluxe Players Handbook, or any of the 5e Basic Books. I also have the Sword Coasts Adventures modules and the Deluxe DM Guide for 5E.13595

damned
March 28th, 2016, 10:01
Delete the content.dat file.
Make sure that you have your forum username and password entered and if you bought from Steam make sure you tick the box to check steam for dlc and that steam is running....
And then run the updater again.

Actually... do you have a license? If you only have a demo license then you dont have these. You only have them when you are connected to the GM.

twseifert
March 29th, 2016, 09:41
I do have a full License. User Name and password are entered, and license key is correct.

Unfortunately, deleting content.dat and updating did not work. But when I was updating, I saw it pulling down and installing all the modules I have.

damned
March 29th, 2016, 13:15
If you catch me online Ill login and have a look with you. Crazy busy for the net few days though...

Trenloe
March 29th, 2016, 20:13
That screenshot looks like it's showing the modules that are compatible with the CoreRPG ruleset. Double check which ruleset you are selecting when you start Manage Characters. Open a new Character and make sure it's for the correct system.

damned
March 29th, 2016, 22:48
It is a 5e desktop though.
Have you unpacked a 5e ruleset so that you can look at the code or tweak it or whatever?
Did you unpack it into a folder called something other than 5e?
Did you then create this campaign using this "other" ruleset?

twseifert
March 30th, 2016, 00:39
I have the main program installed to C:\FantasyGrounds 13620

I'm not sure what you mean by unpacking the ruleset. I didn't have to do anything before, when I first got FantasyGrounds. I am trying to make a character off line outside of a Campaign.

Damned, when are you usually online? I am in US Eastern Daylight time.

Trenloe, I have ensured that I am selecting the 5E ruleset (several times) when I am in the Manage Character Menu.

Trenloe
March 30th, 2016, 01:27
Check your FG data directory (click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen) and see if there is a content.dat file there. How big is it (file size)? Also, is there a content.dat.tmp file there too? If so, how big is it?

damned
March 30th, 2016, 01:44
just sent you a PM

twseifert
March 30th, 2016, 03:33
Trenloe, it is 354,524KB THere is no temp file.

Trenloe
March 30th, 2016, 03:44
Trenloe, it is 354,524KB THere is no temp file.
That looks about right.

Do you still not see the modules in the module activation screen? What happens if you load up a new 5E campaign and go to the module activation screen?

twseifert
March 30th, 2016, 09:47
Not sure. I decided to uninstall the program and re-install and that seemed to have worked, was able to see all my modules Tried to update over night, but something went wrong/didn't work as it got stuck on getting packages. Cancelled the update this morning and then got an error message that my license key was wrong (even though I ensured it was correct before IO went to bed to let the update run). Entered my correct key again and it is updating. Everything still appears to be working after my update. I can see all my modules now.