PDA

View Full Version : Character links in the hotkey bar do not function, and characters cannot be linked.

kavaliro
March 27th, 2016, 17:07
Characters dragged to the hotlink bar do not open. Mini-sheets dragged to the hotlink bar do not open. This broke sometime around November 2015. The functionality is needed because it lets the players use an F key to pop their character sheet to the top of the window stack, which is very useful when window-creep occurs. Furthermore, the GM can use the hotkeybar to have quick access to mini-sheets.

As far as I have seen, Savage Worlds is the only CoreRPG ruleset where this is broken, so it is specific to the Savage Worlds ruleset and not a problem with CoreRPG.

Ikael
March 27th, 2016, 20:04
I can confirm this. The issue seems to be that there is no hotkey handler to manage character sheet opening although charsheet uses custom type "playercharacter". In CoreRPG charsheets use shortcut type, which is supported out-of-the-box. To solve the issue custom hotkey handler should be registered, ie. SavageWorlds devs should take this to todo list

HotKeyManager.registerHotkeyHandler("playercharacter", onPlayerCharacterActivation)

function onPlayerCharacterActivation(draginfo)
local sClass, sRecord = draginfo.getShortcutData()
Interface.openWindow(sClass, sRecord)
end

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2016, 21:26
In the CoreRPG ruleset, this is handled by using a basic "shortcut" drag type, and then determining whether shortcut is a PC in each target that accepts shortcuts. Thus, the link works directly.

Regards,
JPG

phantomwhale
March 30th, 2016, 01:04
Actually fixed this last week (woohoo - I'm ahead of bug reports !) but only went live today / yesterday.

--------

Tech detail - rather than add support to the HotKey manager, I instead added a fallback option on the character dragdata, which meant if the drop target didn't understand the "playercharacter" drop type, it could use the underlying "shortcut" drop type instead. That way, I can do fancy "playercharacter" drop type support in the SW ruleset and extensions, but rely on all underlying CoreRPG stuff, which has no idea about that drop type, to fall back on the underlying "shortcut" one.

Ikael
March 30th, 2016, 09:37
Actually fixed this last week (woohoo - I'm ahead of bug reports !) but only went live today / yesterday.

--------

Tech detail - rather than add support to the HotKey manager, I instead added a fallback option on the character dragdata, which meant if the drop target didn't understand the "playercharacter" drop type, it could use the underlying "shortcut" drop type instead. That way, I can do fancy "playercharacter" drop type support in the SW ruleset and extensions, but rely on all underlying CoreRPG stuff, which has no idea about that drop type, to fall back on the underlying "shortcut" one.

Nice fix!