PDA

View Full Version : Hamachi/FG issues

Outsider418
March 27th, 2016, 14:40
Good morning and Happy Easter.

Sorry in advance for the long winded e-mail, but I'm hoping it helps.

I use Hamachi to log my friends into Fantasy Grounds. I have two computers, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I was using the computer in the living room and the Hamachi/FG works without a hitch.

The computer in my bedroom supports four monitors, so I figured I'd switch to that one instead to make facilitating the game much easier. My friends were able to log into Hamachi no problem, but they could not connect to FG in the bedroom computer. They were still able to log into the living room computer just fine. I use the same FG key for both computers, but they are never running at the same time.

Is there some sort of setting that I am missing as to why I can connect to one computer and not the other?

Thanks

-MP-

LordEntrails
March 27th, 2016, 19:31
Your bedroom computer should have a different IP than your other one. You did give them the new/different IP to use in FG right?

damned
March 28th, 2016, 00:27
It is likely that is either as LordEntrails says or your windows or AV software firewall is stopping the connection and you need to make a new exception/rule.

Outsider418
March 29th, 2016, 22:27
Good afternoon, sorry for the late reply.

I double checked, Hamachi on both computers is giving me a different IP address (I assume you mean the one that shows up on the main Hamachi screen at the top of the window). And I did tell them to click "copy IPv4" address again instead of using the old one.

I have the same virus protection on both computers (AVG) and the living room computer never gave me an issue, I don't think it's the virus protection, but I will double check just in case.

Thanks
-MP-

Outsider418
March 29th, 2016, 22:28
Good afternoon, sorry for the late reply.

I double checked, Hamachi on both computers is giving me a different IP address (I assume you mean the one that shows up on the main Hamachi screen at the top of the window). And I did tell them to click "copy IPv4" address again instead of using the old one.

I have the same virus protection on both computers (AVG) and the living room computer never gave me an issue, I don't think it's the virus protection, but I will double check just in case.

Thanks
-MP-

LordEntrails
March 29th, 2016, 23:10
Hmm, If they are using the correct Hamachi IP, and it's not a firewall/AV issue, I'm stumped. Anybody else have a suggestion?

damned
March 29th, 2016, 23:31
Outsider418 hasnt actually confirmed that the firewall or AV (possibly two different things) is not blocking...

Outsider418
April 10th, 2016, 21:21
Sorry for the long delay, as they say, life comes at you fast.

As I stated before, my friends can connect to the computer in the living room, but not the one in my bedroom which is where I want it since I have a setup with three monitors in there.

I tried creating an entirely new LogMeIn/Hamachi account and I still have the same problem.

The players can log into Hamachi no problem, they just cannot connect to Fantasy Grounds. They tried the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses just in case.

The message they are getting is "Cannot connect to the host, check the address and try again." I am not receiving any message from my virus protection software and there are no error messages on my side, just theirs. I have AVG Free edition on both computers with the same settings.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help.
-MP-

Trenloe
April 10th, 2016, 22:34
Sounds like something on your computer is blocking the connection. Try connecting FG, without Hamachi, from your living room computer to the one in the bedroom, using the Internal IP address. See if that connects OK. If it doesn't then the local computer in the bedroom is blocking the connection.

damned
April 10th, 2016, 23:47
If you do what Trenloe says you take all the physical firewall out of the equation so you will know that it is or isnt a local issue on that PC.
If still stuck send me a PM.

Outsider418
April 12th, 2016, 22:35
Will do...but just a quick update...

I tried to connect from the Living Room to the Bedroom...no go.

I tried to connect from the Bedroom to the Living Room...no go (same message my friends got)

But, when I had two versions of FG on the Bedroom computer, it connected just fine.

I'm going to try without the Firewall and see what happens.

Thanks everyone for your patience on this.

-MP-

damned
April 13th, 2016, 07:24
Send me a PM and Ill go thru it with you.

Outsider418
April 15th, 2016, 13:47
The matter has been resolved. Thanks again for all your help!

damned
April 15th, 2016, 15:13
This one needed a Windows Firewall Rule to be added:

Port TCP 1802 for all Zones, Accept Always.