PDA

View Full Version : Windowlist tutorial please?

BradYounie
March 26th, 2016, 20:04
I'm new to rulesets, but not to programming, and I'm also an indy game publisher. I've been working on a ruleset for a new game I'm developing, as I'm running a playtest using FG (currently CoreRPG+MoreCore).

I've made good progress thus far, but I need help understanding lists. I want to make a list of controls, basically to let the player add items like Feats or Gifts. So, I want a list of them in a frame with a scrollbar.

To do this, do I need a windowlist? If so, I'd love to see a brief tutorial on how to do that. In the code I've seen that use them, I don't see how the windowlist relates to the controls that would need to be inside it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mortar
March 26th, 2016, 20:37
Have you checked the wiki under the Developer's Guides section? There is a bunch of stuff there, I used the Module Making Manual - though that is xml, and slightly older.

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2016, 22:19
The best method is to look at simple examples in CoreRPG, such as the PC languages list.

Roughly, windowlists are just lists of window instances using the window class defined in the window list control definition. They are perfect for scenarios where you have a list of similar things. (Items, feats, languages, etc. )

Check out the wiki reference as well.

Regards,
JPG

BradYounie
March 26th, 2016, 23:55
Thanks all! The language suggestion was a good one. I was looking at a different one, and it didn't make sense. Language was pretty clear cut.

I just now have to figure out how to add a scroll bar :)

Moon Wizard
March 27th, 2016, 05:19
There should be a scroll bar defined for languages windowlist control defined right after it.

Regards,
JPG

damned
March 27th, 2016, 05:54
Yes the scroll bar for languages only appears if its required.